WRC 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
There's a few mobile videos on twitter but I'm sure someone will have a proper HD one on YouTube later.

Sam.

RMS Regular
Given Mikkleson is 2nd on the time sheets in an R5 I'm guessing a lot of boys are taking it easy, saving the cars and making sure everything is working, maybe saving tyres too?
I'd say so, DMACK said Evans was out on super softs to save his full allocation of studded tyres.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
See Meeke confirmed they ran on slicks to save tyres for the rally and that shakedown wasn't about times for them.

Roll on tomorrow night, think there is a live stage on BT sport at 10.30pm.

Sam.

RMS Regular
C2c4OlGWgAA9yHD.jpg

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Unfortunately Kris had just left so assuming he'll get a nominal time.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Edit: Was too slow!

Disappointed about that, roll on later on!

See Meeke was 1.2 down on Ogier before it was stopped so not far away.

Last edited:

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
The reason the stage is cancelled is due to a spectator getting injured.

It's actually visible in the replay of the crash but I'm not sharing a link. You can see the spectator fall down the cliff behind the car. Seemed the impact on the cliff made him slip and fall.

Hopefully they are okay.

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
From what I have read and hopefully not true, but that was a spectator/photographer. He was side swiped by the car and flicked up the rocks face and then rolled back down
Please god let it not be true

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Just watched the replay & you're dead right, @weeloaney. Paddon wouldn't have known the guy was there if he landed back on all 4!

Try again for everyone else later.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Really hope that's not the case Neil but I can see how it very well could be given the way he falls as he actually seems to go in same direction as the car. :-(

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
From what I have read and hopefully not true, but that was a spectator/photographer. He was side swiped by the car and flicked up the rocks face and then rolled back down
Please god let it not be true
Oh crap, looking at it again he was indeed on the ground at the corner, can see him in the in car shot, explains how paddon knew he was there and pointing him to others when he got out.

Not good, really wish people would be more careful where they put themselves :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.