WRC 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Elfyn Evans' DMACK Fiesta WRC

F484AC32-1908-465E-A9FA-1141575ABD1B.jpg

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
In all fairness though, I wonder did desmonds or the like supply the car or is it just by chance there is a maiden city reg in the car.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Certainly is strange seeing a LHD Focus RS with an NI reg being used as a recce car.

Also strange that Tanak & Evans are using the old Volvo tanks to recce in.

Meeke has a WRX STi

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Maybe as simple as it was the only car they could get their hands on for a lend from Ford, and Ford happened to find one in a Derry showroom?

Reactions: DC.

Cess

RMS Staff
A 2004 NI registered Ford that is also white, no less.

M-Sport have used the 4x4 Volvo recce cars as long as I can remember. Dates back to the days of the Ford works WRC team. Volvo was part of the wider Ford family in those days and had an 'off the shelf' car with 4wd that suited recce purposes.

Citroen previously used Lancer Evolutions. Hyundai used BMW one series. VW had Golf Rs.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
A 2004 NI registered Ford that is also white, no less.

M-Sport have used the 4x4 Volvo recce cars as long as I can remember. Dates back to the days of the Ford works WRC team. Volvo was part of the wider Ford family in those days and had an 'off the shelf' car with 4wd that suited recce purposes.

Citroen previously used Lancer Evolutions. Hyundai used BMW one series. VW had Golf Rs.
Yes very interesting that the plate still belongs to a 2004 focus lol

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I remember the 5 cylinder note of the Volvo's waking me up one morning whilst at Rally Ireland lol

Must be some miles on them now.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Hope Meeke and Lefebvre are just taking it easy or something... both 20 odd seconds off Ogier so far

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Could be anyone to be honest, all bets are off, lol :grinning:

Toyota, Hyundai, Citroen, Ford - all in there.

Possibly the real reason for everyone going easy in shake-down, don't want to give anything away? Maybe quick sections here and there to try things out, and then cruise through other bits to avoid giving times away?

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Check out the photo's at the bottom of the link @DC. put up, some boys weren't holding back, Hanninen was close to rearranging the rear right corner

Reactions: DC.
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.