North West 200

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Might try head down on Thursday evening from Belfast, wont get away till 4ish.

Any recommendations on a good way in / out?

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
Might try head down on Thursday evening from Belfast, wont get away till 4ish.

Any recommendations on a good way in / out?
I’m doing the same but heading up from Dublin.

I normally park on the mill road in portstewart and make my way down to the coast road between races. There is a road about half way up it beside the medical centre (possibly lissadell avenue or something like that) that takes you out at the Tesco on the way out of portstewart if you turn right at the end of it or halfway between portstewart and Coleraine if you turn left. Normally saves a bit of time versus going to the strand road end of portstewart on the way home.

I went mill road roundabout-Coleraine last year and the traffic moved pretty well versus going out past Tesco.

Reactions: WSK

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I'll be up before the roads close tomorrow. We park inside the course at Carrick Dhu caravan park as there's a shop, chippy and toilet there. Don't bother with Saturday as it's mental for traffic and any chance of rain and its called off.

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
Aiming to be up all day tomorrow - probably watch practice from somewhere with decent speed (maybe Station Corner again) and then the races from York corner due to the coverage of the rest of the races, but we'll see

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Going to head up first thing on Saturday morning on the 600RR as haven't been out on it much this year ffs.
Are paddock tickets worth it?
Dont mind buying tickets to support the NW200.

dufunk

RMS Regular
John brookes and FHO disqualified/withdraw, shocking move big name and big team, prob not be back. Effects hickman too so they have to pack up.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
John brookes and FHO disqualified/withdraw, shocking move big name and big team, prob not be back. Effects hickman too so they have to pack up.
Seems ridiculous to me, if it went through scrutiny it should be allowed to race at this late stage… (even if it technically shouldn’t have made it through scrutiny!)
Another PR disaster right when they didn’t need it.
That said, maybe someone raised an objection, in which case they’d have to make a call. Difficult one.
2 great races regardless.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Same wheels they raced on last year and also in 2019 lol What a shambles, a bit embarrassing for the organisers no doubt. At least it should be.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Same wheels they raced on last year and also in 2019 lol What a shambles, a bit embarrassing for the organisers no doubt. At least it should be.

Totally agree and FHO supported that shambles of a bike show at the maze recently. She will take no nonsense so I would say won’t be back.

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
The rules say no carbon wheels, so someone in scrutineering must've spotted them before and it was overruled because the M1000RR is holomogated with them in BSB, and now it's been raised again and suddenly the MCUI are getting their panties in a bunch.

All rather embarrassing for the MCUI when they least needed it ffs.

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
So embarrassing for the NW200 as it seems a half assed decision & explanation given!

Seeleys bike has the same carbon wheels does it not and nothing has been said to him?
If it was such a big issue why were FHO allowed to practice in the first place as the NW200 knew all the competitor's bikes/specs etc.

It will have a big impact for the future as FHO wont be back!

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I think I heard them say on the commentary last night that Seeley was running aluminium rims.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I think I heard them say on the commentary last night that Seeley was running aluminium rims.

I thought I heard that but then apparently they aren’t holomogated so it was to be checked.

FHO supported that shambles of a bike show in lisburn recently so it really is a shame as she will stick to her guns and not come back. It’s like Farquhar saying he is only there to give Richard Cooper a bike as he would haven’t had one for the super twins.

Heading up later today for the weekend and still looking forward to it.

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Weather is looking great for tomorrow.
Ive afew hours set aside this afternoon to clean the bike and have it ready to go first thing in the monring.
Should be a great day of racing!

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Was down yesterday evening, Portrush was really quiet which surprised me, Great evening tbh! Wont make Saturday unfortunately as have a Motorbike lesson myself!!