North West 200

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
Nw200 not a place you want them failing doing north of 200mph
True that, but you can use them at the TT.

Been doing some reading on it and the M1000RR has a no-cost option for forged aluminium wheels and these have also been homologated for BSB, with some teams preferring them because of the cost (typically each bike will have 4-6 pairs of wheels), so I guess that's what Seeley is running. If that's the case then FHO are looking more like the idiots here as it's in black and white in the rules and if they had any concerns about the legality then they should've got it in writing to say the carbon wheels are okay, or reverted the the alu wheels. Seems they might have left the door open for a fellow competitor to raise it at a time when it hurts you the most...

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Talk also that Seeley is running last year's bike but seems to have this year's intake/bodywork, in which case it's not homologated either?

Not sure how much truth there is in this as haven't had a close up look at Seeleys bike to be fair.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Talk also that Seeley is running last year's bike but seems to have this year's intake/bodywork, in which case it's not homologated either?

Not sure how much truth there is in this as haven't had a close up look at Seeleys bike to be fair.
They choose the forged wheels.. Both options are available when buying it new.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
They choose the forged wheels.. Both options are available when buying it new.

Yes that's the wheels, but if they're using this year's bodywork including air intake on last year's bike then that's not homologated either surely? Bike has to be as it was bought no?

dxze

RMS Member
Drives
330D
Yes that's the wheels, but if they're using this year's bodywork including air intake on last year's bike then that's not homologated either surely? Bike has to be as it was bought no?
According to TAS twitter it is a 2023 bike, not a mix-mash.

I think ultimately this is FHO's fault, and rather than owning up to it and perhaps arranging a set of forged wheels for the weekend, they've threw the teddies out of the pram and went home. Very short-sighted imo.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
According to TAS twitter it is a 2023 bike, not a mix-mash.

I think ultimately this is FHO's fault, and rather than owning up to it and perhaps arranging a set of forged wheels for the weekend, they've threw the teddies out of the pram and went home. Very short-sighted imo.

Ah that's spot on then, hadn't seen the TAS statement 👍🏻

At least Hicky is still getting a rip out on the twin tomorrow

J55NI

RMS Regular
Its a 2023 model. It was purchased like like that. When you go to the dealer to purchase the stock bike you can choose carbon or forged wheels. Both are available from new....

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I delivered a load of pizzas to the house where the tas team are staying Thursday night and saw no m cars 🤣

It wasn't Alistair Sealy answered the door either 🤣 pretty sure I saw Hector through the kitchen door.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
I delivered a load of pizzas to the house where the tas team are staying Thursday night and saw no m cars 🤣

It wasn't Alistair Sealy answered the door either 🤣 pretty sure I saw Hector through the kitchen door.
Did they tip well lol

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
May friend won the internet today, Parrish then proceeded to read it out 🤭🤭

IMG-20230513-WA0023.jpg

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
watching it on tv id say the BBC needs a faster helicopter, 150mph is no good when the superbikes are topping 200mph.

dilligaf

RMS Regular
Drives
KIA SPORTAGE
What is it this year with the red flags at & around Black Hill, Duh Varren etc, it has never been a accident hotspot before... Is it the new road surface or just an unlucky year..

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
Glenn Irwin clearly won that race, it seems that philip and hector neill are disputing the fact. i remember Philip Neil from racing MX, hateful person even back then.

Davytog

RMS Regular
Drives
GTD
The FHO situation is a strange one. Clearly the wheel issue is a problem for 2022 bike since there was no homologated alternative. That is quite a nerdy detail so I have a theory. Scrutineering didn't pick it up so perhaps it came to light as a result of a protest or at least a quiet word in the right ear. So who would be nerdy enough to spot such an issue, perhaps have a vested interest, and maybe be a 'hateful person". Just saying like.....

dilligaf

RMS Regular
Drives
KIA SPORTAGE
Seely is a wee w##k#r in my opinion, short man syndrome overload, that's only my opinion, I've listened to him at BSB always gurning, always somebody else's fault etc etc.. Did yous see him last weekend at BSB? Thought he was Carl Frampton ffs ..