2004 tdci mondeo packed in

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
no point arsing about, get it looked at properly or youll likely end up on a wild goose chase.

Even pro's have wild goose chases on these, they do seem to be complete parcels of sheite once they give bother. Internet is brimmed full of storys. I dont want to leave it in somewhere that just start throwing parts at it with me picking up bill, at £400 for injectors, same for a pump maybe, who knows were would stop. Its drivable as is, jsut not much craic for overtaking but as a daily abuser to work and back its still capable of that mission

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Theyll read basic codes tho for the likes of what your needing itll be fu>k all use.

People on the mondeo forum seem to like one calls F Super from ebay.

Did you mate who had the mac scanner, have all the proper keys for it? I know mechanic i use had a snap on one, needs different keys for different cars, it seemed to be able to get all the live data etc too from the ecu

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Yeh i am aware the keys for snapon method. he didnt metion keys for this one, but did say it only diagnoses engine faults, i wondered if that extends to the fuel system.

Ge0rge

Banned
i have a diagnostic here that gives the faults and explains them not just a code if you wanna try it i can meet you somewhere

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Did you not say yours is just a cheap reader George?

If a mac one doesn't work a cheap one isn't going too.

Either go to ford or find someone with a good snap on one.

If your willing to travel to Bangor ill give you number of a guy who has a snap on one, he'll prob not charge alot to check it for you

Ge0rge

Banned
Did you not say yours is just a cheap reader George?

If a mac one doesn't work a cheap one isn't going too.

Either go to ford or find someone with a good snap on one.

If your willing to travel to Bangor ill give you number of a guy who has a snap on one, he'll prob not charge alot to check it for you
a £10 job on ebay read the codes on my old mondeo no bother, this ones slightly better though some can be a hit and miss.

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Car still has its fault. Bought a Ford diagnostic tool and does bring up fault to do with injector

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
mind if i ask how much the tool was? and is it genuine ford?

just my friend had an issue with a ford ka he had about a year ago and scrapped it rather than spend a fortune with taking it too ford and its bugged me ever since that only they can run a proper diagnostic on their motors (n)

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
It was called a F Super. It reads most fault codes and live data and can also code some injectors etc.

The proper ford software isnt the problem to get, its the interface (VCM) you need to use it correctly, the OBD2 cable will connect it tho there is another box which costs around 4-5k for a proper one or a cheap chinese copy can be anywhere from 1000-1800, tho the cheap ones are known to mess up and completly **** your ECU so not really worth even considering.

Thats why normally only ford can read it 100% unlike VAG ect who anyone with Vagcom can use.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
It was called a F Super. It reads most fault codes and live data and can also code some injectors etc.

The proper ford software isnt the problem to get, its the interface (VCM) you need to use it correctly, the OBD2 cable will connect it tho there is another box which costs around 4-5k for a proper one or a cheap chinese copy can be anywhere from 1000-1800, tho the cheap ones are known to mess up and completly **** your ECU so not really worth even considering.

Thats why normally only ford can read it 100% unlike VAG ect who anyone with Vagcom can use.

so its the little diagnostic box/computery thing you need?

my mechanic just uses a dell netbook for vaux diagnostics? guessing thats not an option for ford?

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
so its the little diagnostic box/computery thing you need?

my mechanic just uses a dell netbook for vaux diagnostics? guessing thats not an option for ford?

To have full control of everything, youd need the VDS, OBD cable and the ford software.

Tho this tool is very good for most things

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160833485554?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

My mechanic uses snap on diagnostics, tho it still wouldnt be able to do some things, such as change settings on the GEM module etc. Like when i fitted a heated screen to my old focus, ford had to turn it on via the GEM module to tell the car it was fitted.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.