a-kem automotive

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
@Big Pimp putting together a care package for the brother and dad, the da is a big fan of sola power but see its sold out. Is it due back in or is it superseded now, and if so what would you recommend?

heavyoilhenry

RMS Regular
Drives
GTTDi-Rascal TLr
@Big Pimp went to order a few items off the website and they are out of stock, gleam, articulate. Any idea of when they will be available again?

B6GUE

RMS Regular
Drives
MK1 FRS
@Big Pimp went to order a few items off the website and they are out of stock, gleam, articulate. Any idea of when they will be available again?

Showing in stock using above mate

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I’ve to call and see @Blackwater Graphics so hopefully have some of his lovely ones in for Christmas with the new branding.

If you’re after garage banners you could liaise with Blackwater directly as he has all my logos etc. and you could order them from him as I’m happy for him to do it directly

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
@Big Pimp i just ran out of Articulate and can’t see down your way this side of Christmas. I’ve got 5litres of cleanse, could it be diluted down to use instead or is that a really bad idea?

richie_mck

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp i just ran out of Articulate and can’t see down your way this side of Christmas. I’ve got 5litres of cleanse, could it be diluted down to use instead or is that a really bad idea?

I've used diluted cleanse to wash my van or BM if its filthy, its amazing how it shifts the dirt and I've never had any issue. A couple of minutes dwell time and power washed off

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Cleanse will get rid of all winter grime. It won't melt the car.

It will also strip all waxes, etc., if that matters to you.

"Professional" ceramic coatings will be fine, at least I've never had any issue with mine.

No idea what it would do to diy coatings.

C.J

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk3TTQuattro
I could give you a good glug of Articulate. You would need to get to leafy East Belfast though, or near by.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The dirt literally runs off! And all the oily winter grime too.

It is a very strong alkaline though.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
No
Not ideal as It’s about 5x stronger than PreClean / Articulate and uses a different chemistry.

If you’re stuck mix it about 40:1 spray on and rinse off but don’t let it dry!

It’ll not melt the car!

I’m heading down town now and can leave some for you somewhere if you’d like?

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
No

Not ideal as It’s about 5x stronger than PreClean / Articulate and uses a different chemistry.

If you’re stuck mix it about 40:1 spray on and rinse off but don’t let it dry!

It’ll not melt the car!

I’m heading down town now and can leave some for you somewhere if you’d like?

Cheers dude but i don't want to put you out, I'll place an order tonight and it'll be here when its here.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Saw Pete mentioned about using Citraclean instead of Articulate. What’s the difference in the products and when should each be used.
If used as a pre clean product what’s the dilution for Citraclean?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
They're pretty much interchangeable. Articulate a little more cost effective, Citraclean a little more cleaning effective. But either will do just fine, and both will play nice with waxes, etc.

Mostly personal preference really. Try and see how it works for you.

Citraclean is especially good on coated cars, but either will work for that too.

From memory it's about 1:20 for Citraclean, but should be on the bottle.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Anachem wash bucket also fits a 6kg turkey for brining @Big Pimp

IMG_5407.jpeg