I have a few in stock but it’s been renamed PreClean FYI
Ok cool..Was still showing online as Articulate and out of stock. 😢
Screenshot_20240129-232422.png

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
So many questions for me to respond to!

I promise I’ll have answers for you all as soon as I get my laptop charged as it’s easier than trying multi quote on my iPhone.

Need to answer this one specifically though.

I have a new product which is absolutely unreal. It’s a soft wash biocide which has a lot of uses but specifically moss killing is the big thing.

But when I say care needs to be taken I cannot stress this point enough.

I cleaned around my place with it yesterday mixed at 50:1 and all moss etc is gone. Within 1 day!

Red label does the same but that’s mixed at 8:1 and then there’s the bleaching nature of it which this new soft wash product doesn’t have any bleach in it.

Moss on the tarmac is dying already even with less than ideal conditions with the amount of rain immediately afterwards.

And my fence which I was going to powerhouse before paining. Well wait until you see this. 24hour apart

Window sills are cleaner than ever (I do have one which will be getting another dose) but pvc, roofs tiles / slates. This product is a game changer.

But I’m going to over emphasise this. You need to wear PPE.

I got a bubble of the diluted stuff (50:1) on my eye and it went all bloodshot. Not itchy and a few days later and it’s gone but as it’s a biocide the utmost care needs to be taken with it.

But for cleaning around the house and garden furniture (I sprayed all my rattan garden furniture also and moss and green between the weave has gone)

View attachment 394211View attachment 394212
I done my tarmac driveway and a few other random bits on Sunday with this stuff. Mixed it 500ml to 10l water in the sprayer and then covered about 90m2 with the 10l. in my head that worked out the correct dose. Havent seen round the place in daylight since so interested to see how it worked.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's supposed to be 100:1, that's 100ml in 10l.

Will be interesting to see how you get on.

I had a go with it in December just to see, and even though it didn't rain for a couple of days everything was obviously still damp. It did still work in drier spots but nowhere near as effective as when it's dry. Best to hold off on these things until it gets a little warmer again I think.

On the driveway and on stone paving and such, the moss can be fairly easily lifted with a wire brush or similar now that everything is soggy, if you just want to clean up a bit. Obviously be careful on tarmac.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
It's supposed to be 100:1, that's 100ml in 10l.

Will be interesting to see how you get on.

I had a go with it in December just to see, and even though it didn't rain for a couple of days everything was obviously still damp. It did still work in drier spots but nowhere near as effective as when it's dry. Best to hold off on these things until it gets a little warmer again I think.

On the driveway and on stone paving and such, the moss can be fairly easily lifted with a wire brush or similar now that everything is soggy, if you just want to clean up a bit. Obviously be careful on tarmac.
That’s not what the label says…. It was 40 or 50 to 1 in winter conditions. And I think 1 liter of solution per 4m2. Good luck wire brushing moss out of SMA - ain’t no one got time for dat. Plus it was green with algae.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
I used the softwash stuff on my render and it turned out well, was in middle of summer though

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I will update with some results as this is the first time I’ve seen the house in daylight since applying softwash…
Tarmac - moss all dead. Green covering noticeably removed.
IMG_0434.jpeg
IMG_0431.jpeg

The line running left to right at the bottom of this photo is where I stopped. Top of photo untreated.

Concrete: fairly obvious where it was applied
IMG_0433.jpeg

Flagstones: they are dirty with silt still but the green is gone. Didn’t treat the one at the bottom of the photo to leave a comparison

IMG_0435.jpeg

Garden gate - while it killed off the green, it does leave a white residue as do any treatments. Not sure whether I prefer the green or the white look or whether I’d be better just power washing.
IMG_0436.jpeg

In summary, it def kills stuff. Would highly recommend on anything which would be sensitive to bleaching. But if it isn’t sensitive, hypochlorite probably offers a more cost effective solution.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I used the green twisted loop drying towel for the first time at the weekend. It’s excellent, I didn’t need to wring it out once to do the whole car and it lifted any moisture with one swipe. Amazing.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's a bit weird, for a lot of stuff you need to use the search box to find them.

There used to be an "all products" category that listed everything, but that seems to have gone...

mikerd4

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4 Avant
Perfect, will be in touch and looking forward to meeting up at Dubshed.

Can you recommend anything for cleaning and then protecting a convertible roof?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Perfect, will be in touch and looking forward to meeting up at Dubshed.

For cleaning CitraClean (unsure of its new name) was great for me,

Then for protection GTechniq Smart Fabric.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Any of the general purpose stuff will do nicely for cleaning - articulate, citraclean, etc. Even Lazer of it's really grimy 😇

Solapower and a brush should be perfect if you have it. Superb for carpets, textiles, etc.

Don't know if there is a protection product in the range. Any textile protection should work, like Nikwax, etc. Or any of the car branded ones.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just Solapower then, or articulate. Or whatever you have to hand. Bit of light brushing with an upholstery brush, rinse, job done.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

I wouldn’t use anything other than a dedicated soft top cleaner, all the major detailing companies have a dedicated cleaner in their range.

It’s very easy to damage the roof, you need to use a soft brush as well and clean it in parallel strokes following the direction of the fabric.