A word of warning....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Well, after 10 years of driving and a completely clean license, it finally came to an end after 2 weeks with a scooby :worried:. Got done this morning for overtaking over a solid line coming down a hill, with nothing coming the other way (I wasn't even speeding :worried: ). I held my hands up to. It may / may not have been harsh, but at the end of the day I broke the law no matter how clear the road was. Anyway, during my conversation with the officers they informed me that after last weekend there is a 100% non tolerance policy in force at the moment. There are simply no warnings being handed out, its all fixed penalty or points. Inc the car that picked me up, i saw 3 separate traffic vehicles between Moira and Nutts Corner this morning. So keep the speed down and be sensible!! Don't follow my example!

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
It is indeed, i think they are just trying to make examples out of everyone who drives a car that they think belongs to a "boyracer"

RComms

RMS Regular
OP
RComms
Drives
E63
I'm not complaining about getting stopped. At the end of the day I'm in the wrong. I'm just showing you what they will pick up on a the moment! be careful!!

Marc

RMS Moderator
your lucky to get away with that mate... it can be taken as dangerous/careless driving.

Happened to a friend of mine overtaking on a solid white.. think he lost books for 3 - 6 months.

therock

RMS Regular
Incredibly incredibly harsh. Granted you were breaking the law which you've owned up to. But really, police should have more sense than to book someone who's had a clean license for a decade for overtaking (and not breaking speed limit). I mean, what if the driver in front of you is doing 10mph?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
flippin heck andy, normally hold yer hands up and it's a case of right he's co-operating but obviously as you say they ain't gonna take any crap for a while

RComms

RMS Regular
OP
RComms
Drives
E63
Marc said:
your lucky to get away with that mate... it can be taken as dangerous/careless driving.

Happened to a friend of mine overtaking on a solid white.. think he lost books for 3 - 6 months.

yeah i suppose thats a good way of looking at it :grinning:. Hard not to overtake with a clear road and all that... but its no excuse at the end of the day.

'mildy annoyed' to have the points now.

RComms

RMS Regular
OP
RComms
Drives
E63
Graham said:
flippin heck andy, normally hold yer hands up and it's a case of right he's co-operating but obviously as you say they ain't gonna take any crap for a while

yup exactly what i thought. But as I say, their hands really do seem to be tied at the moment. To the detrement of my wallet and license!!

RComms

RMS Regular
OP
RComms
Drives
E63
PeteM said:
how did you not spot the rozzers?

on the motorways etc if you look out, you can see whats what. But if no know the section of road down the hill into Glenavy coming from moira, its a long stretch and they where sitting in a lane in their silver ST220 with binoculars. I kid you not.

RComms

RMS Regular
OP
RComms
Drives
E63
therock said:
Hopefully it won't effect your insurance too much, although it's bound to be lambo-price anyway :p

you'd be surprised ;). Just informed my insurance company and there is no extra charge :grinning:. Although from 6 points on there is.

playgirl501

Drives
corsa
RComms said:
you'd be surprised ;). Just informed my insurance company and there is no extra charge :grinning:. Although from 6 points on there is.
well thats lucky. still think its a bit rash but keep smiling could of been worse.

RComms

RMS Regular
OP
RComms
Drives
E63
therock said:
Surprise me, I've yet to see a 30 year old attain £1500 status on any turbo'd scoob!

!!?!?!? 1500 quid!? helllllllllllllll no.

fully comp, exhaust and filter declared, kept off road, in the wifes name with me as a named driver £895. Mind you she does have 8 years of no claims, with none of us (up until now) having any points or accidents (touch wood).

thats not a great postcode either, if I kept it at the parents house it would be £760.

The derv clio in my name is £260 with 3 years no claims. We're both 27.

rather embaressingly i must be looking particularly young today... The nice lady police officer checked out my insurance over their system and then asked me if it was my mums car i was insured on !? lol.

m477s

RMS Regular
Drives
mr2 rev3
that is harsh for havin' such a clean license. it all depends on wat cop you get at the end of the day, some of them can be real c*u*n*t*s bout things like dat!

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Unlucky mate

I guess in an STI Subaru its just TOO easy to overtake soemone

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.