A word of warning....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Didnt even realise that you are'nt allowed to overtake over a solid line. I thought it was just the white hatchings.

POD

RMS Regular
rms clk, you can overtake on a broken white line with htachings but not a solid 1. apparently

big cyril

RMS Regular
RComms said:
Well, after 10 years of driving and a completely clean license, it finally came to an end after 2 weeks with a scooby :worried:. Got done this morning for overtaking over a solid line coming down a hill, with nothing coming the other way (I wasn't even speeding :worried: ). I held my hands up to. It may / may not have been harsh, but at the end of the day I broke the law no matter how clear the road was. Anyway, during my conversation with the officers they informed me that after last weekend there is a 100% non tolerance policy in force at the moment. There are simply no warnings being handed out, its all fixed penalty or points. Inc the car that picked me up, i saw 3 separate traffic vehicles between Moira and Nutts Corner this morning. So keep the speed down and be sensible!! Don't follow my example!

Why was there a solid line - is there a junction or something?

Is this going to court, or can they give you three points for it without court?

I'm interested because I thought they could only give points without going to court for speeding.

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
I didn't know about the zero policy thing, better keep the speed right down then.

RComms

RMS Regular
OP
RComms
Drives
E63
RMS_CLK said:
Aw fook it, if its got another lane ill pass anyway!!! lol

:party: , that was sorta my attitude as well (providing I can see / no junctions etc). I think its a white line because the road goes into a dip. Obviously i had waited until I saw all the road, but a white line is awhite line.

I can either pay the fine and accept the points or take it to court if i choose. tbh, can't really be bothered with the hassle of taking it to court. Theres no denying i crossed the line, even if I felt e individual situation was safe enough.

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
Drives
Scenic TomTom
Know how you feel mate, happened to me. Clean license for 13 years then got caught by a speed camera at 4.30 am , not a car in site. But was my fault like yourself. I drive more careful now :oops:

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
RComms said:
Got done this morning for overtaking over a solid line coming down a hill, with nothing coming the other way (I wasn't even speeding :worried: ). I held my hands up to. It may / may not have been harsh, but at the end of the day I broke the law no matter how clear the road was.!

exactly the same happened to me just coming off the glenshane, i thought mine was harsh tho and i was overtaking a slow moving lorry

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
after hearing this bout the 100% crack down i feel like a lucky ****er as the copper that stopped me for a (near 3 digit)mph :oops: overtaking move last week just wanted a producer for MOT and insurance!

that could have been nasty.....

well the important thing was that i learnt my lesson (and got away with it :p )

RComms

RMS Regular
OP
RComms
Drives
E63
mrloaf said:
after hearing this bout the 100% crack down i feel like a lucky ****er as the copper that stopped me for a (near 3 digit)mph :oops: overtaking move last week just wanted a producer for MOT and insurance!

that could have been nasty.....

well the important thing was that i learnt my lesson (and got away with it :p )

theres no justice in the world :sob:. Lucky one though! (y):laughing:

ak89

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
Unlucky mate, that's really harsh but understandable with all the road deaths around at the minute

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.