Anyone doing wheel refurbs at the minute?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Something a bit different to wheel refurb but sent my Racingline brakes to Powdertek to get them stripped and painted red - just have seen pics so far but look good - pick up next week and get the logo filled in white.

View attachment 424726

View attachment 424727

I have Glacier White touch up paint for my S3, can I just fill the Racingline Logo with the touch up kit then what? Do I need to lacquer over it or what?

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I have Glacier White touch up paint for my S3, can I just fill the Racingline Logo with the touch up kit then what? Do I need to lacquer over it or what ?
Is it a halfords kit ? I know they come with primer, colour, lacquer. If it's a different brand it might not need lacquer. I've some in a touch up kit if u want, can't hurt to lacquer regardless I'd think.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Is it a halfords kit ? I know they come with primer, colour, lacquer. If it's a different brand it might not need lacquer. I've some in a touch up kit if u want, can't hurt to lacquer regardless I'd think.

Yeah halfords kit so has the 3 pens but the new brakes are already painted so do need to add primer to the logo, let it dry, paint, let it dry, add the lacquer?

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I wanted to change the colour of the 2002tii's wheels. I took them to Cobra Customs and went with satin gold. I'm happy with the result but it would of been nice to keep the polished rim.
IMG_3692.jpeg
IMG_3691.jpeg
IMG_3688.jpeg

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
That is such a cool car @Chris tii and the Gold really lifts the colour of the car also.

I have been asked to share some of my brothers recent work. They don't put a great deal up on Social Media as they dont have much time to to be honest.

IMG_5721.jpeg
IMG_5720.jpeg
IMG_5575.jpeg
IMG_5574.jpeg
IMG_4522.jpeg
IMG_4521.jpeg

Last edited:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
That is such a cool car @Chris tii and the Gold really lifts the colour of the car also.

I have been asked to share some of my brothers recent work. They don't put a great deal up on Social Media as they dont have much time to to be honest.

View attachment 429339View attachment 429340View attachment 429341View attachment 429342View attachment 429343View attachment 429344

@Tufty ‘s brother did my F80 wheels in the picture above.

Thoroughly thoroughly impressed and their service is top notch.

Can’t recommend them enough.

JCM

RMS Regular
Drives
E39
Anyone had shadow chrome done by Powdertek? The sample they had on the wall looked a bit dark but I've never seen it in the flesh before so don't have much to compare.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
@Tufty could you pm me your brothers details please. Im looking a refurb done and want a bright silver finish like the ones hes done here. Exactly the sort of thing I want.

Screenshot_20240513_064133_Chrome.jpg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Anyone had shadow chrome done by Powdertek? The sample they had on the wall looked a bit dark but I've never seen it in the flesh before so don't have much to compare.
@Carson had his done recently on his Mk7.5 R in a gunmetal/shadow chrome colour AFAIK

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
They’ve a couple of shadow chrome examples on their social media if it helps decide.

Mine where done Aston Martin grey which would be darker than shadow chrome.

IMG_6539.jpeg

JCM

RMS Regular
Drives
E39
Thanks. That makes more sense. I’ll pop in again at lunch tomorrow and ask for a lighter shadow chrome.

JCM

RMS Regular
Drives
E39
Chap was very helpful and talked me through the process. Asked for a brighter side. Looking forward to picking them up and fitted.

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Had my brescias recently done by tuftys brother can’t recommend highly enough

Attachments

• 54BB01F6-AE18-4937-81F7-516AEA08CB3C.jpeg
    54BB01F6-AE18-4937-81F7-516AEA08CB3C.jpeg
    448.2 KB · Views: 0
  • B51BBD93-8D38-4676-A3B9-4C0C8F2BBF24.jpeg
    B51BBD93-8D38-4676-A3B9-4C0C8F2BBF24.jpeg
    447.4 KB · Views: 0

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Polished face or two tone? Can see bigger pics and they won't open due to internet security

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Anyone have any experience with Nickel Chrome for refurbing?
I’m wanting my E46 M3 OEM 19’s done as close to possible as standard and seen a few in England talking about this finish - and not heard anyone one there having it done

Not sure I want to go down the diamond cut route even tho only summer use as they have never been cut before..
Other option is polishing - but would I need somewhere to refurb the wheels before taking to a polishing place ?

Andy55

RMS Regular
Anyone have any experience with Nickel Chrome for refurbing?
I’m wanting my E46 M3 OEM 19’s done as close to possible as standard and seen a few in England talking about this finish - and not heard anyone one there having it done

Not sure I want to go down the diamond cut route even tho only summer use as they have never been cut before..
Other option is polishing - but would I need somewhere to refurb the wheels before taking to a polishing place ?
Would something like @Toeman finish above work? It looks as close to a diamond cut finish as you’ll get without actually diamond cutting, and no trouble with white worm after a stone chip.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Would something like @Toeman finish above work? It looks as close to a diamond cut finish as you’ll get without actually diamond cutting, and no trouble with white worm after a stone chip.

A mate got this finish on his wheels by bodywork recently and look well ..but still nowhere near the OEM M3 finish or even diamond cut

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
The above is Autoworx.
Yea they’re the same as those.
Same place as someone here got the 2 tone finish on the M4 comp wheels instead of diamond cut.

They look similar from a distance but obv lack the shine of OEM or even diamond cut