Audi e-tron NHS lease deal

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Is that a Tesla you have @Graham2? If so I thought they were class leading for range and close enough to what the paper figures suggest. I find that motorway driving kills the range a bit.

Yes, Model 3 Performance. I don't think Tesla are any better or worse in that regard than any other manufacturer.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
The problem with advertised range is that it is a set test. Tesla say my MY should get 268 miles on the website, but in the car when fully charged it's 240. I am averaging just under 250 wh/mi so it's bang on. However come winter that will go up to about 300 I think.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
It’s best case scenario. I can get pretty close to the advertised range in ‘range mode’ if I want, which I don’t because I’d like air con and to be able to do more than 50mph. But it’s an option if I’m absolutely desperate. Litmus test for me is the Dublin airport run. So it needs to do ~200 miles driven normally with the radio and heater on.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Unless you're going to sit at 55mph all the way there and back you're going to need a car with 450+ miles of "range" to do that.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
320 apparently. So asking it to do half that with a bit of leeway.

Our Etron has a quoted range of 175 and can manage 140 driving normally.

• Sad
Reactions: IL

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Not in winter, not in my Tesla anyway with "340" miles of range. I've tried it. Its just about do-able in summer.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Flip that’s a terrible range. I thought Tesla was better than that. I guess I’ll find out later this year what the real world range is. Most reviews say it’s pretty accurate.

davyk31

RMS Regular
If only there were public chargers available 🤪🤪. A quick 20 min stop on a decent charger would be a small price to pay for cruising there and back at a fraction of the fuel costs of an ICE car.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Flip that’s a terrible range. I thought Tesla was better than that. I guess I’ll find out later this year what the real world range is. Most reviews say it’s pretty accurate.

InsideEV's got 290 miles out of a M3LR at 70mph although it was a 2021 with 5k on it and mine is a 2019 with near 40k on it now. I would also probably sit at 80mph on that motorway 😇

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
If only there were public chargers available 🤪🤪. A quick 20 min stop on a decent charger would be a small price to pay for cruising there and back at a fraction of the fuel costs of an ICE car.

First of all

aint nobody got time for that GIF

Certainly not for an early flight out and definitely not after flying back X odd hours (plus the rest) with a couple of 5/6 year olds on tow.

Secondly, Applegreen fast charger is something like 56c per KW. So a 20 min stop is going to cost about £20 and whatever tat mrs Coog buys. So what is the cost in reality vs a 40mpg ICE? I don't think it's fractions.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work but as I said the airport run is the litmus test for me. It's pretty much the only long journey that I just want to get there and back again with no fannying about. I'd happily drop into Applegreens for any other run just not that one. Perhaps that's just me though!

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I've done it a dozen times from north Belfast 70-80 the whole way down as low as -5C on the way home. In summer I'm back with 40m range plus.

Is yours a long range? What year? I don't think the range on mine is as good as it should be, didn't notice much until this last year or so. I've 100% charged mine a lot too, cos I knew I was handing it back after 3 years, that's maybe taken its toll aswell.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Is yours a long range? What year? I don't think the range on mine is as good as it should be, didn't notice much until this last year or so. I've 100% charged mine a lot too, cos I knew I was handing it back after 3 years, that's maybe taken its toll aswell.
Yeh a 21 long range. I haven't noticed any degradation and would rarely completely full charge it unless planning on a big journey. Unlike the etron which is going to need to be brimmed all the time as it's so thirsty.
Think I'll keep the 3 another year or two, no real rush on ditching it unless something new and a lot better comes out. Can't say the facelift has me looking at accounting options to be honest.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Yeh a 21 long range. I haven't noticed any degradation and would rarely completely full charge it unless planning on a big journey. Unlike the etron which is going to need to be brimmed all the time as it's so thirsty.
Think I'll keep the 3 another year or two, no real rush on ditching it unless something new and a lot better comes out. Can't say the facelift has me looking at accounting options to be honest.

Mines a 2019 so has a 75kWh battery, your 2021 will have the 82kWh so combined with the smaller wheels on the LR that appears to equate to an extra 50 miles of range.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Is the WLTP or whatever it’s called range 50 miles apart aswell or do they state similar ranges.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
That's ours ready to go back tomorrow. 3 years and just under 20k miles later.

Was a good family whip. Well built, comfortable, quiet and nice to drive. Swift but not rip your face off quick. Hard on the electric (2mi/kWh on average) and the range was adequate for our use profile but I could see it being an issue for others (c. 140 miles). Reliability decent but not perfect. It didn't need anything other than an update, service and a door lock. Still on the original tyres. Proved to be decent off road, good in the snow and the app was useful (when it worked). It's an EV but doesn't shout about it. Like a stepping stone between ICEV and EV. The smart regen braking is pretty good but you'll not be driving with one pedal. The controls are familiar and it doesn't try to do things differently. I'm OK with that to be honest.

Mrs Coog really enjoyed it and we both agree it's a huge step up from the Tiguan it replaced. I suspect they're pretty good value these days with the EV market crash and so many of them being handed back too. So if the range and 'thirst' for electric doesn't bother you then it could be worth a look.

IMG_6551.jpeg

IMG_6552.jpeg

Q4 Etron coming next. In usual fashion it was selected based on price and availability. I haven't even sat my bum in one.

Cro

RMS Regular
Audi have given my wife a q4 etron as a curtesy car, it’s a 35 and the range is absolutely dire. My phone hasn’t stopped with complaints 🤦🏻‍♂️ her own q8 50 is significantly much more useable

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
What range is it getting? They should be about the same.

The latest Q4 gives a 330 mile range. Hoping it'll manage 220!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Full charge this morning said 175 miles so I assume it’s not the latest model

She getting more than that in the Q8?

Think ours would only show 180 or so fully charged.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
That’s massively below the quoted figures. Is that with the heating up at full pelt?

Edit: I just checked and it said the 35 should average around 175. The 40 is supposed to do over 300.

We had a Q4 for a week and it was like a baby brother to the Q8, it did lack the space, luxury and refinement of the Q8 though. It was also slower and suspension/ride quite a bit stiffer (no air in the q4)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Pretty sure they don’t do the 35 any more. It’s 40 RWD or Quattro with the range being more on the RWD obviously.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Not so bad then, the 40 looks to have good range .

Cro

RMS Regular
Aye must be a ~22 model, only 3k miles on it but I’d be pretty miffed if I was a buyer when you compare it to the 40. Probably why they discontinued it