Audi paint warranty

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
VW related and I know VW in the past have warranted alloy wheel corrosion but just curious if anyone has claimed or what

Basically my OEM wheels have some corrosion and wondering if I have any ground to get them replaced?

Car is 2010 with 24k miles on it and all 4 wheels show signs of corrosion - I know the MK5 GTI shadow chrome wheels got replaced but what about the Scirocco R wheels?

Best just showing up to a VW place and chance my arm?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Are they painted or diamond cut?

Painted wheels they will more than likely fob you off at that age

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Worth a shot at that mileage and age. Dont ask dont get!

However knowing Agnews, Pete is probably right.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Worth a shot considering the low miles and age of the car (y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I had a set replaced but the car was under its approved used warranty.

I wouldn't be hopeful under the anti corrosion warranty but stranger things have happened!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I bought it from Hursts - doubt that would be covered under their warranty which it is still under?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Found this on VW website - no mention of wheels but I am sure there is a loop hole

Terms and Conditions
Details of your Warranty

General Conditions

All new Volkswagen passenger cars purchased from an Authorised Retailer in the United Kingdom qualify for a 3 year vehicle warranty consisting of a 2 year/unlimited mileage warranty and a 3rd year warranty with a 60,000 mile limitation.

After the first two years of your warranty, your vehicle will be covered by a third year warranty if:

•The vehicle has not exceeded 60,000 miles
•The vehicle was imported by Volkswagen UK and supplied through the United Kingdom Volkswagen authorised network
This warranty will terminate three years from the date of original registration or at 60,000 miles, whichever is soonest.

Once the three-year warranty has expired, you can purchase a further approved warranty for additional years and higher mileages. Factory extended warranty is available if ordered at point of vehicle purchase.

Please contact any member of the Volkswagen authorised network for further information.

Items where the lifetime of the component is or can be influenced by driving style and external factors will only be considered under the terms of the warranty for a period of six months or 6,500 miles (whichever is soonest). Beyond that limit, the defects must be classified as wear and tear and will not be covered by the vehicle warranty unless a clear manufacturing defect is identified.

Components subject to wear and tear include, but are not limited to:

•Brake linings and disc pads
•Clutch release bearings
•Clutch pressure plates and centre plates
•Tyres
•Wiper blades (wiper rubbers have no warranty owing to their conditions of use)
•Seat and backrest covers
•Floor coverings
•Spark plugs
•Batteries for key fobs and alarms
•Light bulbs
•Shock Absorbers
Mechanical adjustments after six months or 6,500 miles (whichever is soonest) are also excluded from warranty cover such as:

•Adjustments to doors, flaps, boot lids, bonnets, sunroof
•Brake adjustment
•Clutch adjustment
•Headlight adjustment
•Steering geometry adjustments
•Wheel balancing
The warranty is not affected by any change in ownership of the vehicle.

Any defect must be reported to a member of the Volkswagen Authorised Repairer network as soon as it is discovered. This must of course be within the warranty period.

In the event of warranty repairs being necessary, any member of the Volkswagen Authorised Network will be able to carry out any rectification work under the terms of the warranty.

Any part which is replaced becomes the property of Volkswagen. Any replaced parts are covered for the unexpired period of the vehicle warranty.

You will complete any forms, give details and furnish any proof required in relation to a claim that Volkswagen or its authorised network may require.

Volkswagen reserves the right to appoint its own or an independent consultant engineer to inspect the vehicle prior to repair or replacement of the part(s) covered.

No party, other than Volkswagen, may amend the terms and conditions of the warranty in any way.

Travelling Abroad
Travelling abroad within the first 2 years of your warranty
In the event of warranty repairs being necessary when travelling abroad, any member of the Volkswagen Authorised Network in the country you are visiting will be able to carry out any rectification work under the terms of the warranty. They will require the vehicle information data details contained in the front of your vehicle's service schedule booklet to enable them to carry out the repairs. They will undertake the repairs free of charge.

Travelling abroad within the 3rd year of your warranty
Should your Volkswagen suffer a manufacturing defect covered by the warranty within its 3rd year and before 60000 miles while outside the United Kingdom, the repair must be carried out by a member of the Volkswagen Authorised Network in that country. The cost should be settled by you with the Repairer, and a claim made for reimbursement through your local member of the Volkswagen Authorised Network in the UK. In order for reimbursement to be possible the repair invoice must be returned to a UK Authorised Repairer within 14 calendar days of the invoice date.

Servicing
Your vehicle should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. Any damage to or defect in the vehicle caused by poor or insufficient servicing will not be remedied under the vehicle's warranty. Please ensure that you maintain sufficient records to enable our Authorised Network to confirm that the vehicle has been appropriately serviced. In any event, please ensure that the service schedule booklet in your vehicle is stamped by the business carrying out the service work, or detailed invoices supplied with date, mileage, plus specified parts and fluids used.

Exclusions
Types of damage not covered by warranty includes, but are not limited to:

•Damage caused by your failure to take all reasonable steps to prevent mechanical damage from occurring, for example, taking appropriate action in the event of warning lights appearing.
•Damage or defects caused by not having the vehicle serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations.
•Damage or defects caused by improper use of the vehicle, neglect, or use of the vehicle for motor sports activities.
•Accident damage.
•Damage to paintwork, chrome or a convertible top caused by climatic, thermal, chemical or industrial pollution.
•Windscreen or glass breakage after a period of 1month/600 miles (whichever is soonest) from date of vehicle first registration.
Items which are excluded from warranty cover include but are not limited to:

•Components or equipment which were not part of the vehicle at the point of original manufacture.
•Fair wear and tear items, such as brake pads, brake discs, brake and clutch linings, wiper rubbers, spark plugs, bulbs and fuses, tyres, carpets and seat covers.
•Fluids, oils and coolants (except as part of a valid repair).
•Bodywork, unless the vehicle is subject to the Volkswagen anti-perforation warranty.
•Components, equipment or software (Chip tuning) which are not part of the vehicle at the point of original manufacture (unapproved modifications)
Please also note that wheel balancing and wheel alignment will not be carried out under the terms of your warranty, as the frequency with which this needs to be done depends on driving technique and road conditions.

Routine maintenance and servicing is not covered by the warranty.

Incidental or consequential costs such as hotel charges, car hire, loss of personal effects or income are not recoverable under the terms of the warranty.

Replacement parts warranty
All Volkswagen Original replacement parts carry a parts warranty for a period of 2 years/unlimited mileage, from the date of purchase. Items with warranties in excess of 2 years will be advised to you at the time of purchase. The 2 year parts warranty does not apply to parts fitted under the terms of the vehicle warranty, which are warranted for the remaining period of the vehicle warranty.

Accessories warranty
If you specify a Volkswagen Authorised Network approved, supplied and fitted accessory at the time of vehicle purchase, and it is included in the purchase price, this accessory is covered for the vehicle warranty, excluding any extended warranty period. If you purchase a Volkswagen Authorised Network approved supplied and/or fitted accessory, after delivery, then the accessory is covered for 2 years/unlimited mileage, from the date of purchase. If you specify an accessory that is not approved, the terms of warranty, if any, should be clarified with the manufacturer of that accessory.

Three-Year Paint warranty
All Volkswagen passenger cars are provided with a warranty for a period of 3 years from the date of first registration against any manufacturing defects with the paintwork.

The only preconditions are:

•The defect must be reported to a member of the Volkswagen Authorised Repairer network as soon as it is discovered. This must of course be within the warranty period.
•The defect must not be due to external influences such as accident damage, climatic, thermal, chemical or industrial pollution, insufficient care or maintenance. This will be determined by the member of the Volkswagen Authorised Network at the time of inspection.
Body protection warranty
All current Volkswagen vehicles are fully protected during manufacture against through corrosion for 12 years from the date of first registration.

The only preconditions are:

•The defect must be reported to a member of the Volkswagen Authorised Repairer network as soon as it is discovered and within the warranty period.
•The perforation must not have been caused originally by damage, neglect, insufficient care or maintenance or by external corrosion (rusting).
•A member of the Volkswagen Authorised Repairer network must be advised about any rusting as soon as it is found.
•All body repairs will be carried out promptly in accordance with the manufacturer's specification and procedures, using only approved parts and materials, so the original level of anti-corrosion protection is maintained.
Volkswagen Authorised Network workmanship warranty
Members of the Volkswagen Authorised Repairer network give a warranty for their workmanship on all repairs and servicing. The warranty on repairs is 1 year/12,000 miles from the date of the work, whichever occurs first. Should any repairs be required in that period on work carried out by a member of the Volkswagen Authorised Repairer network, the original Repairer will carry out such repairs free of charge, provided:

•Repairs are required as a direct result of faulty workmanship by that member of the Volkswagen Authorised Repairer network.
•Repairs are not required due to normal wear and tear or other exclusions. Items replaced under the terms of this warranty become the property of the Volkswagen Authorised Network. A member of the Volkswagen Authorised Network may choose to pay for work under this warranty to be carried out by another member of the Volkswagen Authorised Network.
Volkswagen Extended Warranty
Once the original warranty has expired, you can purchase an Extended Warranty. There is a wide range of cover available, depending upon the age, engine size and mileage of your car, so there's bound to be one that's right for you. Your Volkswagen Retailer will be happy to discuss the options with you or visit our Extended Warranty section for more detail.

8 Year High Voltage Battery Warranty
•A guarantee for eight years or 99,360 miles (160,000 km) whichever comes first, on all material or manufacturing defects.
•Gradual reduction in battery capacity over time is integral to the nature of the component, and does not represent a defect under the terms of this guarantee, as long as the reduction in capacity is not in excess of the value specified for this vehicle in the owner's manual.
•The guarantee on high voltage batteries does not apply if the defect has been caused by the battery not being used, handled or maintained as described in the owner's manual. This applies in particular to charging the battery.
•With the exception of the warranty term, all warranty conditions stipulated by the Volkswagen Retailer selling the vehicle (pre-requisites, criteria for freedom from defects, exclusions, settlement of claims, entry into force and start of extended warranty term, scope of application etc.) Also apply to the high voltage battery.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
If I was you, I would just taking it to nu-luk and getting them refurbed properly. Even if they do oblige a refurb under warranty, you will end up with an awful face only job, that will look worse than the corrosion in the first place.

All you boys wanting the champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget :p just get them done propoerly, its money well spent

colin84

RMS Regular
Anyone been to Audi about corrosion issues? Gave our A4 it's first wash in a while and seen just how bad it has got in a short space of time. My partner drives the car and I rarely get to wash it myself, but it's shocking for a 2010 car. My 05 e60 hasn't a spot of rust.

colin84

RMS Regular
20180309_175059.jpg
20180309_175043.jpg
20180309_175048.jpg
20180309_175052.jpg
20180309_175031.jpg
20180309_175125.jpg
20180309_175138.jpg
20180309_175217.jpg

Loads of other spots all over, but don't want to load them all. Has it been left to late Maybe?

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I am quite shocked at that @colin84

Must be a 10 year warranty to cover that? I brought my dad's golf for wing replacment and it was 10 year old at the time.

I'd get that sorted and shift the car, unbelievable.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
That’s bad, how long have you owned it?

Did it spend much of its previous life in a coastal location.

colin84

RMS Regular
I am quite shocked at that @colin84

Must be a 10 year warranty to cover that? I brought my dad's golf for wing replacment and it was 10 year old at the time.

I'd get that sorted and shift the car, unbelievable.

I believe it is 12 years.

colin84

RMS Regular
That’s bad, how long have you owned it?

Did it spend much of its previous life in a coastal location.

I'm not sure tbh, we have only had it a year. It wasn't like that when I bought it. Unless the dealer touched some of it up and I didn't notice.

RCT

RMS Regular
I'm not sure tbh, we have only had it a year. It wasn't like that when I bought it. Unless the dealer touched some of it up and I didn't notice.

It won’t have been, so no point going and shouting at them, like most people seem to do these days. It will be the salt on the roads this last while and it sitting on the paint will be eating into it. See it all the time on the lorries this time of year. I know some bits are coming through on one of mine but you can never help it. Same with the trailers. It’s just our damp air environment of the uk and salt on the roads.

colin84

RMS Regular
So I have this car booked in with Agnews next week. They said that Audi will only consider it if the corrosion started from underneath, so I'm not sure what that means for me. The front wing and sill corrosion is a well known design fault, and judging by the amount of threads on Audi forums there is obviously a problem with bootlids also.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
So I have this car booked in with Agnews next week. They said that Audi will only consider it if the corrosion started from underneath, so I'm not sure what that means for me. The front wing and sill corrosion is a well known design fault, and judging by the amount of threads on Audi forums there is obviously a problem with bootlids also.
That is truly shocking the amount of rust on your car .they replaced two wings on my 2012 s4 a few months back .if any panel has been painted previously that has rust on it they won’t cover it ,

colin84

RMS Regular
Well just as I expected the answer is no. I received a call from David in Agnews to say that Audi Belfast have came back with a no answer, saying that it is only covered under the 3 year paint warranty. I still intend to write a letter to Audi UK as this is a joke, the forums are full of people getting wings and bootlids replaced for free of charge, due to what is a well documented design fault.

What he actually said was Audi say this is edge and fold issue due to poor paint adhesion, which is BS. Also when I watched him check the paint depth of the wings it read 119 which I thought was quite low?

Last edited:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Well just as I expected the answer is no. I received a call from David in Agnews to say that Audi Belfast have came back with a no answer, saying that it is only covered under the 3 year paint warranty. I still intend to write a letter to Audi UK as this is a joke, the forums are full of people getting wings and bootlids replaced for free of charge, due to what is a well documented design fault.

What he actually said was Audi say this is edge and fold issue due to poor paint adhesion, which is BS. Also when I watched him check the paint depth of the wings it read 119 which I thought was quite low?
Was every panel around the same or was there a big variation .think they told me Audi paint was around 140-160 or something like that.so is he saying your car has had a total respray then because that’s bullsh1t what they have said .anti corrosion is 12 years .i honestly can’t believe the state your car is in tbh .it is worrying to me with owning one also that has already had wings done .

colin84

RMS Regular
No he said the paint was original, I just happened to notice one of the readings on the gauge.

20180309_175043.jpg

How can the above bubbling from underneath be considered as poor paint adhesion?

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Thank is shocking and not something you expect on an Audi. Seen many a Dacia like the above and even they have stood over them and had them fixed for customers so it is unbelieveable that Audi are willing to walk away from that. Hope you get it sorted!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

What's it got to do with Audi Belfast? For what reason did they reject the claim?

The rust in round the boot lid is nowhere near a fold or edge.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.