Audi paint warranty

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

colin84

RMS Regular
What's it got to do with Audi Belfast? For what reason did they reject the claim?

The rust in round the boot lid is nowhere near a fold or edge.

I was surprised myself as Agnews originally said Audi UK would make the decision. David from Agnews said Audi Belfast have got back in touch and said they won't be passing it on as it isn't worth following up. The car won't be covered as it's out of the 3 year paint warranty, and the problem is an edge and fold issue due to poor paint adhesion. I said but sure this is a well known problem with the wings and sills on these cars and the forums are full of people that have had the same issue repaired by Audi, and he replied that they have taken into account the mileage and value of the car as well so it wouldn't be worth fixing. The car is 2010 Avant S line with 85k and full Audi dealer history.

He said it was disappointing as it is good work for them, but there's nothing Agnews can do now. Looks like I will have to approach Audi UK myself.

Last edited:

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I said but sure this is a well known problem with the wings and sills on these cars and the forums are full of people that have had the same issue repaired by Audi, and he replied that they have taken into account the mileage and value of the car as well so it wouldn't be worth fixing. The car is 2010 Avant S line with 85k and full Audi dealer history.

What an awful way to look at things “it wouldn’t be worth fixing”! Nissan are shipping cars off from here to Spain to have the chassis corrosion issue rectified - imagine the cost involved in that compared to your car! Crazy they have fobbed you off in that way. I really would have expected more.

The final decision should be left to Audi UK. If they put it to them an they reject the claim then fair enough but the fact they haven’t even let the manufacturer decide isn’t right imo.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Indeed. BMW paid for two full sides to be painted on my 11yr old E46 due to rust on the wheel arches. Age and value has frig all to do with it. A guarantee is a guarantee. Poor job by Audi Belfast. They should at least try.

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Indeed. BMW paid for two full sides to be painted on my 11yr old E46 due to rust on the wheel arches. Age and value has frig all to do with it. A guarantee is a guarantee. Poor job by Audi Belfast. They should at least try.

And the Cooper S that was coogs, then mine and now belongs to a friend is getting paintwork under corrosion warranty - assessed 2 weeks before 12 year date.

****ing rediculous that is not being fixed. I def would not be dropping the matter.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Remember working at ford and the warranty guys could get nothing approved... some of the things that were turned down looked horrendous too

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
The problem is Belfast Audi are utter tossers, they have zero customer service skills and are resting thier laurels on being the only place you can go with an Audi in NI so just don’t care. Audi’s are decent enough cars but I will never own another cause it’s the only place you can go for warranty work. Portadown are the same group so I’m taring then with the same brush. Get onto Audi uk and give off stink. Though it likely won’t do much good cause Agnews will lie to get themselves off with it.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Remember as well that warranty work is paid at a much lower labour rate than other normal work.

If the body shop are already busy then they simply won’t want to do the work as they could have a better paying job in there

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
Remember as well that warranty work is paid at a much lower labour rate than other normal work.

If the body shop are already busy then they simply won’t want to do the work as they could have a better paying job in there

The body shop did the report, sent it to Belfast Audi and they refused to send it to Audi uk. Bodyshop was keen to do it. Belfast Audi acted as judge and stopped it.

colin84

RMS Regular
The body shop did the report, sent it to Belfast Audi and they refused to send it to Audi uk. Bodyshop was keen to do it. Belfast Audi acted as judge and stopped it.

Makes me wonder why Audi Belfast were involved in the first place, unless that's the procedure. I never thought to ask at the time.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA

Ultimately body shop is owned by the same group though yes? If so my comment still stands

The other aspect is simply the admin work in raising and following up on a claim - they decided they didn’t want to bother.

Now that isnt right to me, just trying to give an insight into why they may have done what they did.

As the OP and others have pointed out the next step is to bypass the retailer and contact Audi but be aware unless you have evidence to dispute what the retailer said then it’s likely they would side with the retailer

Do you have the body shop report stating they think it should be covered? That would help

May also be worth getting an independent report completed from an approved body shop (approved by Audi or somebody else from VW group would be best, assuming there is more than one)

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Makes me wonder why Audi Belfast were involved in the first place, unless that's the procedure. I never thought to ask at the time.

Warranty claims will have to go through a retailer - body shops can’t claim directly

phil_20

RMS Regular
And the Cooper S that was coogs, then mine and now belongs to a friend is getting paintwork under corrosion warranty - assessed 2 weeks before 12 year date.

****ing rediculous that is not being fixed. I def would not be dropping the matter.

do you have any more details on the mini getting done? who it was thou, and was it a fight?
noticed recently there are large areas of the clear coat coming off our clubman. bonnet and both rear doors.

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
do you have any more details on the mini getting done? who it was thou, and was it a fight?
noticed recently there are large areas of the clear coat coming off our clubman. bonnet and both rear doors.
Went to Agnews body shop, car was inspected and claim submitted / approved by Mini UK.

colin84

RMS Regular
I have briefly dealt with Audi UK who were a waste of time (who would have thought?)
I wrote to them asking why it's acceptable for other similar cars locally to have repairs done free of charge, but my claim rejected without answer. I showed proof of how each point of corrosion was a fault from the factory and the cause.

I was simply told that they don't get involved in these matters, and that if Audi Belfast said no than that is a final decision. Although they said they could speak to Audi Belfast about a goodwill gesture, I said I am not asking for goodwill, I am claiming through the Audi 12 year warranty, but they didn't want to know. Complete BS.

I have since found a more corrosion under the boot spoiler around the high level brake light, and under the tail lights where the plastic surround has been rubbing. At the very least the car is going to need 2 new wings, a bootlid, and the rear arches repaired before they get worse. Any wonder they don't want to know.

Any advice on what to do now? The motor ombudsman or small claims court? Facebook page? Lol.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
I have briefly dealt with Audi UK who were a waste of time (who would have thought?)
I wrote to them asking why it's acceptable for other similar cars locally to have repairs done free of charge, but my claim rejected without answer. I showed proof of how each point of corrosion was a fault from the factory and the cause.

I was simply told that they don't get involved in these matters, and that if Audi Belfast said no than that is a final decision. Although they said they could speak to Audi Belfast about a goodwill gesture, I said I am not asking for goodwill, I am claiming through the Audi 12 year warranty, but they didn't want to know. Complete BS.

I have since found a more corrosion under the boot spoiler around the high level brake light, and under the tail lights where the plastic surround has been rubbing. At the very least the car is going to need 2 new wings, a bootlid, and the rear arches repaired before they get worse. Any wonder they don't want to know.

Any advice on what to do now? The motor ombudsman or small claims court? Facebook page? Lol.

I know portadown Audi is still part of Agnew group but take it there.

I took my car to Belfast Audi twice about clutch judder - rejected and said nothing wrong.

Took it to portadown once and they put whole new clutch and flywheel kit in car no quibble as they found the fault. Belfast Audi is useless and I don’t use them at all.

colin84

RMS Regular
I know portadown Audi is still part of Agnew group but take it there.

I took my car to Belfast Audi twice about clutch judder - rejected and said nothing wrong.

Took it to portadown once and they put whole new clutch and flywheel kit in car no quibble as they found the fault. Belfast Audi is useless and I don’t use them at all.

What the girl from Audi UK said is that it's now case closed, once I get a no answer I can't take it any further. Although even at that I had to actually take the car to Agnew repair centre for assessment and they go through the nearest dealer.

It may still be worth checking out.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Colin what you have described there with all the rust IS subject to the 12 year claim.could you not pay a body shop a few quid and get a independent report as my friend said it didn’t look like whatever you called it a few month back .Are u near Larne as I could get it done for you I would think then go back to Audi and then your solicitor .

colin84

RMS Regular
Colin what you have described there with all the rust IS subject to the 12 year claim.could you not pay a body shop a few quid and get a independent report as my friend said it didn’t look like whatever you called it a few month back .Are u near Larne as I could get it done for you I would think then go back to Audi and then your solicitor .

I am actually just ten mins down the road, cheers.

colin84

RMS Regular
Oh they don't like that.

I'd sticker up the windscreen and park it as close to their front door as possible on public road.

But then they'll definitely not help you. :joy:

Well it depends how badly they want rid of me!

colin84

RMS Regular
20180613_153012.jpg

Does this look like poor paint adhesion!? Tomorrow I plan to pull one of the front wings off to show the corrosion from inside.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.