Audi S3 Sprint Blue 2007

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
@Boydie - make sure you get one of these:
muHCeXb3xBz22kWSkY9T1sA.jpg

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
The only things that kinda let down an E92 M3 is the exterior paintwork quality and RWD in the winter - the paint is soft as sh1te...but all car manufacturers are going down the water based paint route, as for the RWD in winter - a set of a snow tyres and a bag of sand in the boot helps....or pray it doesn't snow

I think the next few weeks will really test the extent of your loyalty to the four rings.......

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
@Lyons is correct - its convertible and has been for sale for a while now.

@Woodcutter Haven't seen anything yet that I would part my money with but may have enquired about a few cars. Will see in the next couple of weeks.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Just drive the A3 on for a year and then get another 8P S3, as after a year of driving a derv you'll really appreciate getting back into a half decent petrol wagon again LOL!!!

It will just be like history repeating itself :p

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
In all seriousness, I forgot how economical the TDI was lol nearly 300miles to half a tank compared to 300 to a full tank in the S3!

The A3 needs a lot of work to be honest which I feel inclined to carry out!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Not a good idea getting used to the economy of a diesel in the interim before getting a V8 S5!

You could've got a petrol Insignia and the transition to S5 would've been like driving a hybrid with regards to fuel consumption.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
No, def will be getting a petrol car again.

Its annoying, because since the S3 has sold, I have come up alongside:

2 x S3's
1 x S4
1 x VXR Corsa
1 x E400 Merc
And I am sure a few others - having to behave myself in my old TDI :worried:

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Aye quite a difference in fuel consumption lol!! Although after the novelty of readily available low end torque dissipates though it can get boring very quickly

I'm the same with my A3, I'm supposed to be focusing on getting an S3 or an A5 after summer, but cant stop doing work to the A3, just bought a set of the OEM S3 foot pedals.... getting an aftermarket replacement window regulator replaced with an OEM one, a new right side My11 rear light, also having to resist buying new rims.....Im not wise LOL!!!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
My old S3? No idea @Kerzo as I sold it two weeks ago :p

The owner is originally from Armagh direction so quite possibly.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
No, plate transfer is in the middle of being sorted out and going onto her mums car. Hope to hear back this week about it :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.