Audio install fabric - now installing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Have fun!! I have an mtx 10" that might be going spare in a small band pass box..... cheap!

The 12" MTX in the bandpass box I had in the Fiesta sounded pretty good, I still have the trophy to prove it :grinning: . The Focus is paid of next month, I think it might be time to drop some coin on the tunes. I have been driving about with half the foam missing from the sub for a year now lol. I might even investigate why when the bass is pumping the car tries to stall. I get about a 200 rpm swing on the rev counter lol

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
The 12" MTX in the bandpass box I had in the Fiesta sounded pretty good, I still have the trophy to prove it :grinning: . The Focus is paid of next month, I think it might be time to drop some coin on the tunes. I have been driving about with half the foam missing from the sub for a year now lol. I might even investigate why when the bass is pumping the car tries to stall. I get about a 200 rpm swing on the rev counter lol

didn't you add an extra amplifier? - A thicker power/earth cable and extra battery is my suggestion - or maybe look for a large capacity capacitor: 5+ farads to see if that eases the symptoms?? Failing that - an uprated alternator. All pricey!

impact

RMS Regular
OP
impact
Drives
GT86
Four channel amp powering the front end died with the common power LED fault given the amp is pushing 15 years old. So rather than hash at it to link it out myself off to Gordon at AmpDoctor it went for a fix and a full component upgrade and sound enhancement.
Comes back like a new amp from Gordon (y)

IMAG4582-01-1280x893.jpeg

Next job, strip the doors again and seal the inner skin. The plastic damp membrane is vibrating and giving off sound.

Last edited:

impact

RMS Regular
OP
impact
Drives
GT86
So more Silent Coat bought and door cards off again.
Plastic membrane surprisingly noisy as it vibrates at certain frequencies.
IMAG4590-1280x893.jpg

So sealed off every hole in inner skin bar mounting clip holes.
IMAG4592-1024x715.jpg

And added some damping foam to window controls to stop them vibrating at different frequencies.
IMAG4593-1024x715.jpg

That seems to have sorted most unwanted noise from the doors.
Only rattles left are in the boot which annoying I doubt I can fix. One from the boot lifting which can be cured a bit be dropping back seat the other now traced to the rear air vents in inner arch. The non return flaps in the little feckers go daft at certain points and bar removing them not much can be done except turning up louder. :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.