Bangor/Belfast Specs Cameras

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Do they work????

The reason i ask is, as i've just moved back from england and now work in Belfast i have to drive this road everyday. Anyway i see the same cars everyday hoonin past me when i'm doing the speed limit, so they either have an addiction for speeding tickets or the cameras don't work:confounded:.

Anyone ever got a ticket from them? Just interested really as were i lived in England the dam things were everywhere and worked:worried:.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Cameras DO work along this stretch of road, but unlike England , NI's "tolerances" are different, and as such your average speed has to be higher than a similar device deployed on the mainland.......

w.reid306

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo / SV650s
what about the ones on the ards - dundonald carrigway, are they up and running too?

PeteJ

RMS Regular
Drives
A black 4x4
what if u only go through one camera, you wont get done? you need to carry on past at least two so they can obvioulsy judge your average speed.

KillerJim

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 / TVR
You get a few drivers that know how the system works, i.e. where the "start" and "end" camera is for any given section (its easy, usually when the speed limit changes). If you get stopped at a traffic light in the middle of a section then you can easily do above the speed limit without fear as its averaged...

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
This has been asked a million times, so I'm going to make this thread a sticky

Gaz

stubbsy

RMS Regular
Drives
old skool pre 96
just to let all the bangorions know,i got gunned on fri nite8o|not under the fly over;) but on the slip road up towards springhill shopping centre:oops::oops: luckily i was being sensible,na not really ,just stuck behind a sensible driver(y)(y)

i must admit:oops: i would usually give it the beans after the last camera :worried::worried::worried: and pull off up by tesco (im not too far away from there)

he was standing on the grass verg on the rite hand side in the 30! so they can get you heading into bangor under the fly over and now over it:eek::eek:

also a few boys have told me they have been seen standing on the central reservation (grass yet again) on the ards to bangor, and bangor to bloomfields at kfc behind the bollard^o)^o) o yeh a silver passat tdi!!!!!

ricky_t

RMS Regular
Drives
M3Cx
Can spot them a mile off at the KFC, always check when i come off the round about ;)

Thanks for the heads up on the last camera 1 tho :p

stubbsy

RMS Regular
Drives
old skool pre 96
no rick,ie kfc.they dont sit on the skipperstone road side now,they hide behind the lit up bollard on the central resrvation as you turn into balloo at kfc:relieved::relieved: obviously the bollard gives them a steady arm;);)

Matty_McKee

Drives
Honda Civic Type
they hide behind the bollard because by law they have to wear the high vis jacket so when they are behind the bollard it will disguise them a bit.

also, heard from a few people that if you change lanes on the average speed cameras on the way to belfast from bangor they cant get you because the cameras arent linked. not sure of all the truth behind it.

and they are only are switched on at certain times because of the cost to run them!!

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
also a few boys have told me they have been seen standing on the central reservation (grass yet again) on the ards to bangor, and bangor to bloomfields at kfc behind the bollard^o)^o) o yeh a silver passat tdi!!!!!

I saw them in a W8 saloon Passat on the Albert Bridge a few weeks ago! Maybe it was that not a TDi if its traffic?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
also, heard from a few people that if you change lanes on the average speed cameras on the way to belfast from bangor they cant get you because the cameras arent linked. not sure of all the truth behind it.!!
There is no truth, it is now a myth with the new systems...

I believe when these first came out on the mainland, yes that was the case, but they soon caught on and got round it, so it no longer matters (n)

boy_racer996

B
behind the bollard past kfc is a well known haunt for them, you dont think anythin of it as the bollard lights up! scooped!

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Also they were out today in a blue transit at Holywood bypass up towards the Palace Barracks bend, after the last camera on the way towards Belfast, just waiting to get you when it gun on the exit of the cam zone. Evil people.

Steveo@modifiedni

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3/Triumph
I think its silly saying where the police where etc. A few years ago you could have said "the police usually stand here and there" but now I have seen them feckin everywhere, its common sense just to stick to the limit.

As my dear old mother said: "Its a limit, not a target" :p

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
Having driven this road for months with these cameras up, and at quite a pace on the way home from work at 3/4am, I can tell you now that these cameras DO NOT WORK!!! Either that or you have to be seriously breaking the speed limit to make them record you.

And1

RMS Regular
Drives
@88
I hear they only run at peak times as theyre a large cost on running them, couldn't be sure on that though

Resintooth

RMS Regular
Drives
AP1 S2000
I agree with you there Ryan. You must really have to break the limit to get a ticket. I drive the road at least twice a day past every camera. I constantly forget about them too lol

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Either they don't work or the limit is very high (15mph+ over)

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
Well myself and Paul_RS were coming back from Belfast and the Taxi driver was sitting between 80/90 the whole way to bangor and he said he did it all the time and still has nothing.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
^^^
yup they are designed to seek out the 6x6 white square with orange lettering and do them for anything in excess of 45mph

WTF do you think !!!! :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.