Bangor/Belfast Specs Cameras

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
OP
gpaevo
Drives
Audi B9.5
My boss got a ticket about 2 months ago!! It said on it his average speed was 72.3mph in a 60. (the tit)
Looking at the locations it was measured between the camera at Ballyrobert and Dicksons Garden Centre.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
So do these cameras work or what?

Spotted this stupid van parked just inside the 40 zone outside the train station this morning. It made me wonder - is it allowed to catch you speeding in the 60 zone on the carriageway beforehand or is there some kind of legal loophole that it can only catch speeders in the speed restricted section it is parked in?

Ive photographed the van there before too. It does have a range of up to around 1km, but there is no chance it's trying to nab people in the 60 zone. It'll be nabbing them as they safely slow down entering the 40zone.

Easy pickings as always on a section of road there has never been an accident. ( ie from the start of the 40 zone to the van )

Proof yet again, they want to catch you speeding not prevent you. They've never been able to justify a mobile camera placement Ive queried yet with real facts.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
I'm not convinced these work either and if they do, they are the most spastic speed cameras around. You CAN speed through them and not get a ticket.

What they need to invent is mong cameras that catch the morons doing 10 mph under the speed limit in the outside lane.

josh897

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 Leon
they definately work as my friend i share lifts with to work got stung by the garden center section,
i usually average out the whole road at 60 and am fine, he does it at 70ish and has only been done the once

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Bryan, they have those cameras set up for those who wont be going through the SPECs, thinking they can speed on through and turning off at the later turn off to Holywood (as well as just generally being scumbags out to nab anyone granted).

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.