BMW E87 130i M Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
So the M3 is gone :sob: and here’s the replacement (y)

2006 E87 130i
Boston Leather (Inflatable Bolsters)
Xenons
Facelift Rear Lights
M Sport Trim
Auto Lights
Auto Wipers
FBMWSH
Need to check with BMW what the exact spec is

Was originally after a 3 door but they didn’t come out till 2007 so a bit out of my budget.
This one had a few “extras” that weren’t to my liking +o( I’ve didn’t take any pics of it myself when I got it as I started removing stuff straight away.
Here’s the pics from the ad –

1315332441d8ffc0b090.jpg

1311878729e3e13f2eea.jpg

131533246963b10993d9.jpg

13118787412a23527381.jpg

1315332532c47e0e96b5.jpg

1315332496a1c6c8d04d.jpg

1315332512296e4c8617.jpg

There was Carbon Fibre strips on the door pillars so that was binned first. The door mirrors also had CF covers so these were removed too

034b4e9a.jpg

They were held on with double sided sticky foam so this was easily removed with Tar Remover. Mirror caps were fine underneath, luckily!

Next were these wee beauties

123fdcdf.jpg

c7e98cf6.jpg

The seller left the originals in the boot but the clips were fooked so bought new ones this morning.
The bonnet and boot roundels were replaced with black and white CF ones so they’re for the bin too! Got new ones to replace them from BMW aswell.
Also need to remove the black and white CF badge on the steering wheel.

There’s a CF hatch spoiler fitted but I’m not sure what the future holds for it yet, it may stay or it’ll get painted.

Also removed the monchrome ///M badge from the boot for obvious reasons ;)
Contemplating removing the 130i badge too, we'll see

I’ll concentrate on the inside first and sort the outside properly in the spring. I will however get the car up on axel stands and get the callipers painted black first chance I get. Think the tints need removing too. I’ve ordered a Scuffmaster Kit to do the driver’s bolster so I’ll give the leather a good going over with Gliptone. I doubt it’s ever been cleaned properly and there were BMW and ///M stickers on all the headrests, classy!
My first priority though is the tyres. Budget tyres all round and the fronts will need replacing soon. My plan is order winters now, sell the rears (if anyone wants them) and then buy some good rubber in the spring.

I’ll try and get some decent pics soon.
Cheers
D

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Love it! Much prefer the 5 door to be honest, get the 130i badge off and it'll be a pure 116 sleeper!

Literally doesnt need anything in my opinion, looks perfect.

Get some better photos up (y).

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Love it! Much prefer the 5 door to be honest, get the 130i badge off and it'll be a pure 116 sleeper!

Literally doesnt need anything in my opinion, looks perfect.

Get some better photos up (y).

Cheers Lyons.
The 5 door is growing on me TBH. The front bumper needs painted and the paint needs corrected. I'll get Pete to look at it and see what my options are. The external cosmetic stuff can wait though till I sort the important stuff like tyres.

LewB

RMS Regular
Looks good, I like the tints. Im sure you are glad to get off all the unneeded badges

Real Brembos? :grinning:

Sitting at a nice height too

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
That's superb looking! Hows it compare to the m3 ?

Initial impression is it's not as "raw" as the M3. It's actually really impressive. 265bhp apparently (y) Will update my thoughts when I get a few miles done.

wow tat central!!! Must be satisfying sorting it out :grinning:
what rims you getting?

The indicators were shocking! Should have got pics of the headrest badges, silver metalic +o( It is very satisfying sorting it and it should cost a whole lot either. Original rims are staying.

Tat central alrite, surprised it didn't have an ACS badge! Good to see your taking it back to OEM somewhat (y)

I think they look better OEM. A set of Performance BMW Brembos would be nice though :p

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Looks good, I like the tints. Im sure you are glad to get off all the unneeded badges

Real Brembos? :grinning:

Sitting at a nice height too

Funny the Brembo badges weren't on it when I viewed it. That's the standard M Sport ride height. Might need 12mm spacers ;)

Rfg

RMS Regular
very nice indeed these come up well with even a little work take a look in my Facebook page for one I did and get her over to Pete! health to enjoy. I really like these cars!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
very nice indeed these come up well with even a little work take a look in my Facebook page for one I did and get her over to Pete! health to enjoy. I really like these cars!
Cheers Rollo. Will have a butchers. Have you a link for your Facebook page?

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Got a couple of wee jobs sorted last night. Removed more CF tat in the form of bonnet and boot badges. Replaced these with nice new OEM ones - much better. Also removed the CF steering wheel badge too.
Got some silver bulbs for the new indicator lenses so these will go on tonight.
Also ordered winter tyres. Went for Hankook Icebear W300 based on reviews from other BMW owners. Got them from balckcircles who were £20 a tyre cheaper than mytyres and used Quidco for 2% and hankook5 for another 5% off. I know it's early in the year for winters but I couldn't justify buying 2 new summer fronts and then winter tyres a month later. I'll get the winters fitted next week and source some summer rubber over the winter. I don't do big milage so running them for a month should be fine.
Getting there!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Did you use those codes on Black Circles? Neither seems to be working for me.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Unreal amount of tat on that car, what age was the previous owner? Brave move buying it to be fair, but I'm sure you bid him in the balls.

Cracking cars, I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Unreal amount of tat on that car, what age was the previous owner? Brave move buying it to be fair, but I'm sure you bid him in the balls.

Cracking cars, I'm sure you will be very happy with it.
He was only 21. Nice guy and probably just doing what every other 21 year old does to a car.
All reversible though with a bit of time and elbow grease. Front bumper needs painted and some stone chips need looking at but that will keep till the spring.
I was gutted when the M3 went but having had this for a short while, it's really growing on me.
They are surprisingly quick!
Jury is still out on the tints. Will see how it looks when I give it a clean and do the calipers

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Get the tints out mate, given time you might think you like them, but in reality it's your mind playing tricks and deep down you're only getting used to seeing them!

The car is too small for tints, it'll look like a van with them in.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
That's actually very nice, loving the wheels on it too. Pity about the tat but at least it's all fairly easy to remove. Hope you enjoy it (y)

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
That's actually very nice, loving the wheels on it too. Pity about the tat but at least it's all fairly easy to remove. Hope you enjoy it (y)
Cheers Gaz. I think once it's back to standard it'll be a cracking looking wee car. Even with budget Tyres it handles very well too. It's a grower!

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
So you decided to go for that one Dave, it is a nice car despite the serious amount of fake C/F and tat that was previously on it - must have been great to get to remove it and and get it back to it's former self, put it all on fleabay LOL!!

I can't believe the previous owner put silver BMW stickers on the headrests +o(

I would remove the tints, I think they look a bit out of place on a 5 door car

I knew you would be tempted for modding the brakes LOL!!!

Im sure that thing goes, it may not be an M3 but Im sure it's still a very pleasurable car to drive (y)

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Very nice! It's a great engine in the bigger 330i so it must be a cracker in the smaller 1-series!

There's so many tatty things on eBay for bmw's - the poor wee previous owner probably just got carried away!

A nice exhaust and maybe a uprated panel filter for a bit more induction sound might be the only things id be tempted doing.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
So you decided to go for that one Dave, it is a nice car despite the serious amount of fake C/F and tat that was previously on it - must have been great to get to remove it and and get it back to it's former self, put it all on fleabay LOL!!

I can't believe the previous owner put silver BMW stickers on the headrests +o(

I would remove the tints, I think they look a bit out of place on a 5 door car

I knew you would be tempted for modding the brakes LOL!!!

Im sure that thing goes, it may not be an M3 but Im sure it's still a very pleasurable car to drive (y)

Cheers Eamon, the Performance BMW brakes are unlikely for a good while yet to be honest. Most of the tat is in my bin but a guy on another forum did give me 25 notes for the CF mirror covers - paid for the indicators so not all bad!
The tints will be coming off but there's no great rush for that. I'll do it when I get time to book it in and have a few quid spare.
Very nice! It's a great engine in the bigger 330i so it must be a cracker in the smaller 1-series!

There's so many tatty things on eBay for bmw's - the poor wee previous owner probably just got carried away!

A nice exhaust and maybe a uprated panel filter for a bit more induction sound might be the only things id be tempted doing.

Cheers Nigelo, the 330i is 241bhp (I think) and this is 265 but I doubt I'd notice the difference! I'll leave the exhaust and induction side of things alone, sounds fine as it is. Do miss the M3 "rasp" though.
I want to keep this standard as I'm fed up with the extra insurance headaches that come with modified cars!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.