BMW E87 130i M Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Ok, bit of an update.
Was out a couple of days after buying the car and it was lashing (for a change) and the wipers just stopped mid swipe! Had to stop the engine and re-start to get them going again. Turned out to be a relay (£10 from BMW) so fitted that along with new wipers and new mats as the old ones were fooked.
The N/S angel eye was also brighter than the O/S so bought a new bulb (come in a special holder and are £22 from BMW!). Removed the old one and discovered some LED aftermarket push thing :rolleyes: Fitted the new bulb then noticed the O/S was still a bit dimmer. Read on another forum that the bulb probably wasn't seated in the socket priorly so tried to re-seat it. Turns out the socket was worn and it couldn't be locked into place properly :mad: Ended up fixing the bulb on place with heat resistant silicone (worked a treat) but I'm on the look out for a replacement light.

Couple of pics from last weekend -
Replaced the old CF roundels but never posted any pics so ....
Before (excuse the dirt :oops: )

DSC_0876.jpg

DSC_0877.jpg

After

DSC_0880.jpg

DSC_0881.jpg

When the rain finally stopped on Sunday I managed to sort the interior out (mostly). Cleaned all the plastics with PAC and then dressed them with Aerospace 303. Cleaned the seat belts with Autosmart Bio Brisk to remove the smells. Hovered the carpets, dumped the old mats and fitted nice new ones from BMW :laughing: All the headrests were removed and scrubbed with a soft brush and Gliptone Cleaner to remove the sticker residue (left behind by the chivvy BMW and ///M chrome stickers) and then the rest of the seats were also cleaned in the same way.
Pics

DSC_0890.jpg

DSC_0891.jpg

DSC_0892.jpg

My Gliptone Scuffmaster kit still hasn't arrived so I haven't sorted the driver's bolster yet. I'll do it next weekend but here's some befores -

DSC_0893.jpg

DSC_0896.jpg

DSC_0897.jpg

Happy with the inside (for the time being) but will eventually replace the gear knob for a new on as it's a little worn, replace the sill kick plates and possibly source some spare trim pieces and have it painted piano black.
Mrs. Deezer is very kindly buying me a Parrot Evo and Connect2 kit for my birthday ;) I also bought a Aux iPod cable from Amazon but it seems a bit flakey :rolleyes: You have to jiggle the 3.5mm pin in the Aux socket to get the sound to work properly, so bit the bullet and bought a BMW one which works.

Gave the car a quick wash, no claying, polish or wax as the bodywork needs attention first. Took a couple of pics. You can see how bad the front bumper is :mad:

DSC_0884.jpg

There's also a wee bit of top-coat peel on the rear bumper around the PDC sensors, so that'll need painted too :censored:

DSC_0885.jpg

Side pic (please ignore the red calipers :oops: :oops: )

DSC_0883.jpg

Really irritated by the red brakes at the minute, annoys me more than the front bumper! Also noticed the rear wheel are on the front :roll: As the previous owner had fitted 225s all round, he's rotated the fronts and rears and didn't know they were different width rims :eek:

Last couple of pics of the rear spoiler, still not sure what it is.

DSC_0889.jpg

DSC_0887.jpg

DSC_0886.jpg

Update from this weekend -

I've sorted the driver's bolster and it's a vast improvement. Will leave it for a couple of days and then condition the leather with Gliptone. I'll get some after pics when I've done that
Had the wheels off to paint the callipers and realised the wear indicators were disconnected. Now I don't know if this was intentional to stop the OBC showing they need replacing but if it was, I'm not impressed :mad: Euro Car Parts are doing 25% off if you order on-line (can collect in store) using CRAZY25 at checkout so, I picked up new Pagid front discs, rear discs, rear pads and front & rear wear indictors. Had to order the front padgid pads mail order as they had none in stock. Still a good deal though.
Calipers are now black :grinning: The O/S has had 2 coats and the N/S one. I'll need to do the N/S in the morning again and get some pics.
Still a few issues to sort though. The headlamp washers weren't working so checked the fuse and it was blown. They aren't spraying but do pop up and the motor is working. Hopefully it's blocked jets as the water seems to be getting to them ok. Ordered 2 new ones as they were only a fiver each off bmminparts.
The headlights don't seem to be going through the auto level process at startup so need to get that sorted. The little bracket seems to be connected to the N/S wishbone ok so not sure whats causing it, maybe the control box the arm attaches to is fooked?
I ditched the ditch finder tyres too and have replaced them with Avon Ice Tourer ST for the winter in 225/40/18. Will replace them with Conti SC3 / Michelin PS3 or Goodyears in the spring.
It'll be due a service and brake fluid change in the new year too. Other than the few niggles (headlamp washers and leveller) the only things I would like to do are refurb the alloys and get the paintwork sorted. That can wait a while though till I get a few quid together.

Cheers
D

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Jeepers, you've been busy!

Must be great sorting out all those really annoying little things though, good work.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Agreed, very rewarding.

Getting there!

The tints are growing on me I think!

Smoothie

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman
Nice one mate, I'm sure you'll have it mint. I'm still on the lookout for one, hard to see past White TBH

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Good work there- though it can be a little bit annoying undoing someone else's tinkering before you get going on the jobs you want.

My bm's bolster has a scuff along the seam in the same place yours was - might have to investigate this gliptone scuffmaster... Easy to do?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Can't believe all these stories of bolsters wearing on such new cars to be honest.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Jeepers, you've been busy!

Must be great sorting out all those really annoying little things though, good work.

Aye, wanted to get it looking as stock as possible. Hate finding irritating issues like the lights, washers and levellers though.

Agreed, very rewarding.

Getting there!

The tints are growing on me I think!

I am, wish I had a bit more spare cash, I'd sort it all in one go! Will still probably remove the tints but in no hurry, there's more immediate stuff that needs doing first.

Nice one mate, I'm sure you'll have it mint. I'm still on the lookout for one, hard to see past White TBH

I like the white too but there's not many 130i versions about, especially in my budget so I had to "make do". Great wee cars though.

Can't believe all these stories of bolsters wearing on such new cars to be honest.

I think the adjustable bolsters make it worse as they are easier to catch getting in and out.

Good work there- though it can be a little bit annoying undoing someone else's tinkering before you get going on the jobs you want.

My bm's bolster has a scuff along the seam in the same place yours was - might have to investigate this gliptone scuffmaster... Easy to do?

Cheers Nigelo, it's a pain in the hole to be honest. I also think the seller may have been less than honest about a few things too.
Scuffmaster is easy. I use a make-up sponge and apply a diluted solution over a good few coats, letting it dry properly between each coat. Put it on too thick and it looks like a plastic coating on the leather. Just take your time.

MarkyMck

RMS Regular
Drives
F56&R53 JCW
nice one, recognise this car from around Banbridge

Didn't realise it had been butchered as much! top work

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
nice one, recognise this car from around Banbridge

Didn't realise it had been butchered as much! top work

The lad I bought it off was from Banbridge. Must have chased gritters all winter, I've never seen a front bumper so badly stone chipped.
The UsedCarsNI ad said "immaculate"!

Nigelo

RMS Regular
The lad I bought it off was from Banbridge. Must have chased gritters all winter, I've never seen a front bumper so badly stone chipped.

Must be BMW paint - my cars covered in big chips too. Think PeteM or BigPete or Pete-someone off here does a good job at fixing them up, thinking about paying him a visit (meant to with Mazda but never got round to it)

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Must be BMW paint - my cars covered in big chips too. Think PeteM or BigPete or Pete-someone off here does a good job at fixing them up, thinking about paying him a visit (meant to with Mazda but never got round to it)

Pete is the stonechip master but this bumper needs painted, worst I've ever seen! I'll probably get the front bumper, rear bumper, bonnet and wings painted in the summer

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Carbon rear bumper section would be nice but they are really dear! One of the fellas on zroadster has a silver one and managed to pick up the panel for £500 second hand on ebay

p1010646s.jpg

p1010347b.jpg

Nigelo

RMS Regular
ssdd are pretty good for a lot of bmw styling - i've got an e92 se aero lip and small boot spoiler on their way currently. Interested to see the fitment though since theyre not oem.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Really dont like that insert at all, especially given how expensive they are..

The motor is looking very well now Deezer. Must be very rewarding getting it to your liking with all the little imperfections sorted out here and there (y)

EDIT - £500 is for glue sniffers: http://www.ssdd-motorsport.com/show_prod.php?prod_id=730
Cheers Nicky, it's rewarding and frustrating as I'm impatient and want everything sorted yesterday!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

Was the price lower than equivalent ones?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.