Can I Drive My Car If Mot Is Booked After Suggested Date?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mmc01

RMS Regular
only a £60 fine if caught without MOT - nothing to a man of your calibre!

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Understood everything about the fine etc but does it void insurance also? Can't get a date soon enough :worried: , car is taxed and has been declared roadworthy by a qualified mechanic.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Doesn't void insurance as far as I know, most policies say the car must be roadworthy which doesn't mean an MOT as a car can still be MOTd but running bald tyres etc 11 months after the test and is therefore not roadworthy. Get a date booked online though Steven and then go on about 9 in the morning and you should get a cancellation. Larne almost always add extra times each morning if everybody turns in for work, I was up there last week and this is what the guy said to me so you should be able to get a date handy enough!

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
It's booked and all! Should be able to get a cancellation this week after talking to a few people! I'll only be heading to and from work so should be okay. Have paperwork saying the MOT is booked and that the car was serviced today.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I thought that as long as an MOT was booked, you could drive on? I remember that from a few years ago when all the testers went on strike and there was a huge backlog. maybe it was just a temporary thing, or maybe i made it up....!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.