Car Insurance increases

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Everything renews at the same date, so if you add something new half way through you only pay half a year’s premium which is also nice. Only thing is it means one big lump payment.

The online changes to your own policy dont work though which means you have to phone to make a change which is a bit of a melt but bar that I’ve zero complaints.

Having a van actually give a nice reduction as well, I think the policy for the series (van) was something like £100 more than a classic one but it gave well over £100 reductions on the other cars.

I mean I have policies ending December, February and April. How do I get a multi car discount at the start? Promise ill definitely transfer to admiral if/when the time comes?

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
I mean I have policies ending December, February and April. How do I get a multi car discount at the start? Promise ill definitely transfer to admiral if/when the time comes?
You’d have to cancel those policies or just use admiral for your 1st renewal and then add 1 car at a time, getting a discount for each you add and paying only up to your 1st policies renewal date.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
You’d have to cancel those policies or just use admiral for your 1st renewal and then add 1 car at a time, getting a discount for each you add and paying only up to your 1st policies renewal date.

Seems a bit flawed that. Admiral are coming in more than twice my current renewal estimate and more than what I'm currently paying to insure everything!

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
You can also add other people’s houses and cars to that Admiral multi policy even if they live at other addresses. It applies further additional discount to the existing cars and property on the policy.

I was told at the time if those other people put in a claim it doesnt affect your policies.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
@mikey when I had my GC8 Impreza it was on a classic policy and wasn’t garaged for about the first 2 years I owned it. I’ve always used Abbey Autoline in coleraine and found them very good. The car being garaged might be a new requirement now though. That was back between 2017-2020.
Autoline would have insured me classic no bother….except for the garage issue. They came back at £3k on a non classic policy or in around £300 on a classic with garage.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I did a quick quote on confused.com for a GTR, £550 with Admiral
Rang my insurers (Adrian Flux) and they wanted an extra 400 on my current policy (think it was 560 for the subaru) but renewal was 700odds. I'd to ring a different department to find that out.
I've still no real idea how much it'll cost me every year. So confusing.

simy

RMS Regular
What's worrying me is that my renewal price (AXA) is cheaper than shopping around for quotes. Still £200 up on last year's.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Screenshot_20231019_145643_Gmail.jpg

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Seems a bit flawed that. Admiral are coming in more than twice my current renewal estimate and more than what I'm currently paying to insure everything!
Tbf I don’t see any other way to do it tbh, id think its best to start with something non-classic and work from there. Also I always get a way better price over the phone with them.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
My family have a multi car setup with admiral.

2016 Cupra Leon, 2016 Mazda 3, 2018 Mazda 6,
A pug 207 and my Freelander.

It's about £1400 for the year for all above.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
My family have a multi car setup with admiral.

2016 Cupra Leon, 2016 Mazda 3, 2018 Mazda 6,
A pug 207 and my Freelander.

It's about £1400 for the year for all above.

Is this price before the massive hikes? My Golf R was quoted £1400 about an hour ago with Admiral. That's a few hundred more than what I currently pay for the R, an E39 M5, GTI Golf, TT, A4 and a Hiace!

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Is this price before the massive hikes? My Golf R was quoted £1400 about an hour ago with Admiral. That's a few hundred more than what I currently pay for the R, an E39 M5, GTI Golf, TT, A4 and a Hiace!

Exactly this …
I have 3 cars (Cooper D, Leon FR, E46 M3) on my multi car admiral policy in July this year all for £900,
But doing quotes now on compare market are seeing this more than double..

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Mine was £1,600 this March with Admiral. Up from £1,100 the year before.

That's the house, Supra (£193!), MX-5, Volvo V40, and the A6. The V40 was the only non-modified car.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Adrain Flux are still decent with me, albeit all marginally more expensive than previously, but not ridiculously so. In fact lorry insurance came down by a hundred quid this year with AF.

Admiral usually are good for year 1 and then try and shaft you thereafter.

Mackers91

RMS Regular

The Cupra was only added to the policy last month and bought it up by 410£

Edit: thats with it's mods declared too

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Negotiations with your current insurance company had always been possible, worryingly what I am hearing is that recently it seems to be a take it or leave conversation.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Adrain Flux are still decent with me, albeit all marginally more expensive than previously, but not ridiculously so. In fact lorry insurance came down by a hundred quid this year with AF.

Admiral usually are good for year 1 and then try and shaft you thereafter.
Normally always thought they were good till this year

Rang up to see I had found cheaper and can they match.. said they would check and ring me back. Still waiting and that was Monday.

Could have just got someone in a Monday mood lol

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Negotiations with your current insurance company had always been possible, worryingly what I am hearing is that recently it seems to be a take it or leave conversation.
I renewed house insurance a few months back and rang my renewal company and was told we can't price match or haggle, was a take it or leave it job!

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I renewed house insurance a few months back and rang my renewal company and was told we can't price match or haggle, was a take it or leave it job!
House insurance is scandalous, worse than car insurance. Mine is due next month, quadrupled in price. Same thing, no movement, take it or leave it. It also seems to be fairly competitive with what's out there. Going to leave it a few weeks.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

If that was the case I would go elsewhere, even if it was the same price.

Just on principle.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
If that was the case I would go elsewhere, even if it was the same price.

Just on principle.
Yeah had a cheaper price from another company and hoped they'd just match it. Was satisfying telling them to just shove it lol