Caught 4x over the limit with car keys!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

skybluearmy

RMS Member
alpha-dog. The police cannot nick you just because you have your car keys on you and you have taken drink. Before they can nick you they have to get you to blow into their wee machine or they have to suspect thst you are unfit to drive. Then they can nick you if the machine tells them ypur over the limit.

alpha-dog

RMS Regular
i know but going by these stories if youre drunk and have your car keys you can be charged (obviously after youve been tested and proven to be over the limit).

FAKER

RMS Regular
Drives
loadsa stuff
Folks you have to be seen by the peelers, staggering towards your motor with your keys in your hand, or getting into it, or unlocking it, or being found out cold in it while in a public place, while over the limit with the keys either in the ignition or close to hand. Absolutely not D.I.C. at a party with your car parked for the night with you taking a skin full.... but go out to it with a skinfull to get a CD to play at the party and you are Drunk In Charge. Moral of the story. Do not go anywhere near your motor to fetch or put anything in it when you have been drinking. Really is that simple.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
alpha-dog. The police cannot nick you just because you have your car keys on you and you have taken drink. Before they can nick you they have to get you to blow into their wee machine or they have to suspect thst you are unfit to drive. Then they can nick you if the machine tells them ypur over the limit.

No you dont have to be breathalised to get done.

All the cop has to do, is say they want to breathalise you. From that point on if you have drink on you, you're screwed. Doesnt matter why he has asked you to provide a sample. Once he does, you're screwed. As failing to provide a sample carries the same 1 year ban as if you were standing paralytic and pissing all over his shoes before getting in the car and driving off.

Doesnt make a lot of sense either.

ewok

RMS Regular
I have done it a few time in the past slept in the car tanked etc lol but have always hid the keys in the car somewhere or given them to someone to hold. My understanding[minority report stylee] was the po po can do you for the intent to drive the car etc with the keys in your posession

alpha-dog

RMS Regular
I have done it a few time in the past slept in the car tanked etc lol but have always hid the keys in the car somewhere or given them to someone to hold. My understanding[minority report stylee] was the po po can do you for the intent to drive the car etc with the keys in your posession

thats completely true.

if they find you sleeping in the car and asks if you had a drink last night tell them no. then they wont have a reason to breathalyse you and even thought you were drinking last night you might still be over the limit.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.