Current insurance quotes

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mants

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 320ci M Spor
I would like a E46 M3, just thinking of it and wondering what sort of money im looking at for insurance, ive been with hughes insurance since i started driving 6years ago, im 25 in may, so 6 years NCB, had no accidents, got 3 points in my 1st year, but is now off the licence.

Im currently driving a E46 2004 320ci sport.

Thought i would do a quick quote with greenlight to see,

Package Price
£1697.75 inc 5% insurance premium tax, thats fully comp.

What you's think of that? (Tony Greenlight would be good to know what you could do since B-Lorenzo is getting it a good bit cheaper for roughly the same age etc as me)

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
I'm pricing around for M3 insurance too and that sounds ok for your age. I'm 30 and not finding anything that much less than you.

B-Lorenzo's postcode will be in his favour.

BAZRS2000

some people are paying seriously high premiums on here, crazy paying up to 2k for one year? With hughes im paying £350 quid on the golf derv and only 30 quid for the year to pay by direct debit......and a sweet £140 for the RS turbo :grinning:

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
i had to pay £2600 my first year driving dont know how i afforded it, i sure couldnt now

this year was £828 fully comp on a mk3 gti with suspension and exhaust mods declared, 22 years old and 4 years ncb

quotes have definitely gone up, last year my insurance was only £3 cheaper than the previous year on the same car with an extra years ncb and i had turned 21, that was the best deal i could get anywhere

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
392 fc last year with greenlight and 372 fc from sept this year, happy :grinning:

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
My directline renewal came in, over £400 more than last year. 1 call, 2 minutes and they dropped the price by over £300 instantly.

I still told them thanks but no thanks and have since tool my business elsewhere.

4 years I was with them, as was my mum and other family members, needless to say we are all moving

aaron_m

RMS Regular
My directline renewal came in, over £400 more than last year. 1 call, 2 minutes and they dropped the price by over £300 instantly.

I still told them thanks but no thanks and have since tool my business elsewhere.

4 years I was with them, as was my mum and other family members, needless to say we are all moving

Same situation as myself in May past...

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah

Direct Line have always been excellent for me Aaron. This year was cheaper than last year for me too.... I must be getting old!
The wife and I have fully protected NCBs on her 2010 Fiesta and My shed for under £305 for the two - with legal

Maybe they are turning against fast motors my son, get yourself a 998 and stick a peco on her - least it'll sound fast ;)

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
been doing insurence quotes myself 400 dearer come october cant find anything as cheap as i got this year:worried: dont understand it extra years no claims and all but price goes up! I can insure a 200sx cheaper than the merc???? how the hell does that work!?

Damage_Inc

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo VIII
I've just paid £15 more to go up two groups for insuring my civic sport, so it appears to maybe be hit and miss? My renewal also went down over £300 on last year

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
thats a good drop, did you turn 21 or 25 this year ?

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
result! must be because you have your first year of driving over

mants

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 320ci M Spor
I've just paid £15 more to go up two groups for insuring my civic sport, so it appears to maybe be hit and miss? My renewal also went down over £300 on last year

I think with insurance they just pick a number out of the sky and say thats the price, alot of the time with quotes its hard to see a valid reason why one company would be so much more to another.

Damage_Inc

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo VIII
I think with insurance they just pick a number out of the sky and say thats the price, alot of the time with quotes its hard to see a valid reason why one company would be so much more to another.

Yeah this would seem to be the case. Mine went down after my first year as steve said but some of my friend's went up for the same cover on the same car. Makes no sense at all

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
I changed from a Bora to a 318ci and it was only an extra £80. I think the Bora was group 7 and the BMW is 13! Ill be interested to see my renewal in Jan though. Im fed up being with Axa but its hard to find comapanies that will combine NCB and named driver experience.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
just for a quick bump, my insurance is up at the end of the month so have been looking around and best price i fould was a stripped out quote from budget @ £560 (no breakdown cover/key cover/replacement car etc)

so tried the BOI scheme through Hughes as suggested (had to ring the newtownards branch directly on 0845 8388807) and got quoted £507 with 5 years NC protected with all the above extras included :grinning:

not a big difference but for a 5 minute phone call, £50 is a worthwile saving!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
just renewed my insurance, £224 in my new sport HDi 306 with Keith @ Hughes..

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
Mine is up for renewal too.

went up by £80 with Endsleigh, cant find cheaper elsewhere.

How do you qualify for green lights cover?

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Buff,

You'll need to be aged 21 or over, with a performance or extensively modified car for us to qualify for our current schemes.

Depending upon the BHP of the vehicle you may need driving experience of a performance car and you will definitely need either 2 years NCB, or 1 year's NCB if your NCB was earned upon the car that you're looking to Insure.

Hopefully we'll be able to help you.

Kind regards

Tony

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.