DSG Servicing

warren

RMS Photographer
So I'm going over to England shortly to get myself a Leon FR with the DSG box, now when I get it back I'll be looking to get it booked in to get the gearbox oil and filter done.

Is this a job that can be done at any sort of normal garage? Would anyone have any recommendations in the Carrickfergus or surrounding areas?

Don't think it's something I want to have a go at myself!

Thanks,

Warren

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Dare I say :-#...

Jonny at Ai should be fit to do this for you and on your doorstep too (y)

Stage one Revo and DSG map and you'll love it, great cars.

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
Can't speak for VAG but had this done on my Ford Powershift box recently, and it looked so easy I should have done it myself!

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Ok that's pretty definative! Will give him a bell when I get it home!

Not looking at maps just yet, plans for now is just full service and gearbox service. Then in the coming months get it dropped a bit so it sits neatly, tint the rear windows and probably an intake!

Cheers guys!

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Just had ours done at Phillips yesterday, £179.

Get it done here. You'll pay around £90 for the service kit anyway and prob at least £50 in labour (require a special tool). For a bit more a VW DSG Stamp is worth it imo.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
@Coog Did you not pay £80 from VW for this just before I bought the black golf off you?

No I think it was more than that mate. It might have been £140 but imagine it would probably be the same price as Phillips these days.

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
So I'd be better off getting it done by a VW or Seat dealer then to get a proper stamp for it?

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
So I'd be better off getting it done by a VW or Seat dealer then to get a proper stamp for it?

Stamps mean sweet fa (to me). Jonny will stamp the book and record what was done etc, keep the receipt for the kit and jobs a good un.

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Was thinking that myself, if he can do it for similar cost and can give me all relevant recipts it will be my first port of call. Plus I leave the car off and walk home lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
When you branch out and open your second garage a bit closer to Lisburn I'll use you instead :p.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
There are deals on from time to time at main dealer (seat, Audi, VW, Skoda all the same I was told). I priced it before and was cheaper at a main dealer than local independent.

Duke

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf Gt
I had to diagnose a wrecked cv joint at a main Vw dealer who stated that it was a noisy heater motor. It's a false economy with main dealers imo because boys like Jonny have to worry about doing a good job but I have been left pissed off by 2 main dealers of Vw letting me down with simple jobs