DSG Servicing

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
I had to diagnose a wrecked cv joint at a main Vw dealer who stated that it was a noisy heater motor. It's a false economy with main dealers imo because boys like Jonny have to worry about doing a good job but I have been left pissed off by 2 main dealers of Vw letting me down with simple jobs

I would rather use @pobmk4 than the main dealers. He does exactly what's needed, if not more.
Does it at good price and doesn't bull **** about stuff needing done. Main dealers milk everything in my opinion.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
For anyone who drives a Skoda I work for Mervyn Stewart in North Down now and will do my best on prices for the DSG servicing :grinning:

Last edited:

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I've taken a look at this guys and I think we will struggle to get it much below £175 inc VAT! If there's anything more I can do I'll update :grinning:

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Cheers will do. Will pm once I get my shocks delivered as I'll get them fired in when I'm getting dsg done. Ta.

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
Agnews VW quoted me for my mk5 GTI £180 for filter and oil change. Plus a free health check. Thought that was quite reasonable

Except they wont have a clue what to do and your car will come back worse than it went in. Try Phillips in Lisburn, they actually look after customers cars.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Except they wont have a clue what to do and your car will come back worse than it went in. Try Phillips in Lisburn, they actually look after customers cars.

I've spoken to a friend, who which it will be booked in with who's worked for VW for just over 13 years. I'm sure it'll be in good hands.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Mine went in for 2 DSG services in Agnews and nothing was wrecked. Just be sure to leave a note stuck to the steering wheel telling them not to wash it!

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Just to update this thread.
Fixed price at vw Phillips and Agnew's at 174, at Agnew's ladas drive 169 and walsch motors 168.

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Damn thats cheaper than when I got it done a year ago!

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I know someone who got a Passat done by Agnew's for £140, considering the service kit on eBay is £100 I thought that was reasonable.

That said, I have just done a fluid and filter change on my Octavia which has an 09G box, similar to the DSG but the filter is in the sump. I was very nervous about doing it but once I got into it and done it, it was pi$$ easy, just time consuming, took around 90mins working on the ground.

Robber

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiats mainly
Revival*

Bout time the DSG was serviced on the Alhambra. Anyone done it recently? Still best to go fixed price at a dealer?

Seems to be £199 on VW and Seat websites.