E39 M5

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
That's the same one Chris posted too, it's £12,995 on Autotrader.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Don't forget South of Ireland too. Some for sale there and relatively easy & cheap to bring into North.

Both of these at Cameron Car Sales (Dublin) ironically :laughing:

2000 model with 110k on clock, £16k ish
Used 2000 BMW M5 M5 400BHP..STUNNING CAR WITH EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE RECORDS... Petrol in Dublin
k;ldjf.JPG

2001 model, 106k - £16k ish also
Used 2001 BMW M5 5.0 V8 MANUAL...A VERY CLEAN EXAMPLE... Petrol in Dublin
sjhlfd.JPG

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Don't forget South of Ireland too. Some for sale there and relatively easy & cheap to bring into North.

Used 2000 BMW M5 M5 400BHP..STUNNING CAR WITH EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE RECORDS... Petrol in Dublin
View attachment 153539

2001 model, 106k - £16k ish also
Used 2001 BMW M5 5.0 V8 MANUAL...A VERY CLEAN EXAMPLE... Petrol in Dublin
View attachment 153538

If you have a friend in the South and can claim back VRT they are coming in at £12.5k!!

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
In e39 m5s I'd consider a higher mileage one that's in good condition a safer place to be financially than a low miler that's just average.

Jason

RMS Regular
I can see Lyons's point, for future value lower miles are still king.

If that wasn't a concern Id go for Jasons too.

Totally see where your coming from, but given the limited choice of E39 M5 facelifts atm I see ours as a good purchase.

Plus theres some real animals out there too!!

Ours was a very good one, few stonechips on the front along with small bubbles on front arch, couple of small marks on the rest of the car as well but I wanted to do the car justice so respray it was.

Jonny

RMS Regular
Saw a silver one with a wing that might have well have been purple the colour match was that far out.

Local car too (y)

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Seen this but its not a facelift, what changes are on the facelift?
Widescreen Nav, M-tech 4 steering wheel, different instrument panel design, and some really other boring things. Few small engine changes too,, most important of which is if you are planning forced induction, the earlier cars have an alloy inlet chamber and the f/l cars are plastic.

View attachment 153539
I thought I recognised the reg...
Looks a lot different than the last time anyone mentioned it going north...
1sH6IND.jpg

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
^Or, alternatively, you may find your time as equally well spent by bashing your head off a particularly nasty stone wall.
Unless you're a masochist, in which case, sign up!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Cheers.

Literally just reading about these again as I sit in the back of a taxi being hurtled between Liverpool and Manchester airports! I see that the vanos upgrades came in in Feb 2000, so some prefacelift cars had them too.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Had my 1st spin in a E60 2 nights ago and I was very impressed. It's a UK car with a comprehensive BMW History and it seems to have made all the difference as it drove like new and there was 113k on it. Drove many E39 and the V10 is a completely different animal and not that much more expensive to buy.

It would be a tough choice for me between the 2...

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Had my 1st spin in a E60 2 nights ago and I was very impressed. It's a UK car with a comprehensive BMW History and it seems to have made all the difference as it drove like new and there was 113k on it. Drove many E39 and the V10 is a completely different animal and not that much more expensive to buy.

It would be a tough choice for me between the 2...

I've thought about that myself recently as the E39 prices have risen and E60s have dropped a bit (or at least sat steady), the two are almost comparable in purchase price now for a good one with lowish miles. Lot more tech in the E60 though and I've heard of some horror stories regarding engine bills - as pricey as it can be to sort out a Vanos issue in the E39's V8, having to rebuild/replace a V10 and its gearbox would give your bank manager a stroke. Would have to warranty the life out of it.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I was passed by an E60 'on the pipe' but being driven like a d1ck up at Nutts Corner last friday night. Problem with all these cars is they eventually fall into the hands of people who will show no mechanical sympathy or won't want to pay the service bills required. E39 would be more robust in the face of abuse and easier fixed also..

Reactions: Gaz
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.