E39 M5

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Supercharged one Lyonso? :cool:

Supercharged e39 M5

90EF9850-1D45-4B0A-B3AD-D2EF43CEBD6F.jpg

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Oh I know, also outside his price range. But just throwing it out there to tickle his M5 bone.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
The M5 bone has somewhat dwindled, I can't believe that there are literally zero contenders.

I spent this morning looking at diesel bmws :cold_sweat:

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
You only posted this thread 2.5 weeks ago, it's a limited edition modern classic and you're being quite specific about age and mileage etc - give it time! I know people who have spent 6 mths looking for the right one.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, I know! I'm not off the idea, don't worry. Just thought there'd continuously be a couple at least! I am impatient though :pensive:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol. If I increase the price instead of decreasing it, then eventually the lowball Gumtree offers will reach what I'm actually after for it!

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Are you still thinking of an E46 M3 @Lyons ?

I have a low mileage, facelift, manual example being fitted with the usual CSL bits as we speak..

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yup, just too much at the minute.

On a side note, saw your dads X5 on Saturday night. What age is it and how many miles? He likely to be changing next year?! :innocent:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yup, like them too, but prefer the M3. If I was going for a 2 seater I'd just go for a new shape z4 30/35.

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Couldn't have one personally, nice cars but lack that edge of a true M car

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I would say it's more of an M car than many of the most recent. A lot more raw and a complete loon of a car. Everything an e46 has but smaller and lighter.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I would say it's more of an M car than many of the most recent. A lot more raw and a complete loon of a car. Everything an e46 has but smaller and lighter.

I think @Gaz was referring to the newest shape Z4 30/35i and not the Z4M Roadster

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Anyone know how to tell if the prefacelift cars have had the upgraded vanos fitted? I recall reading something recently that there is an extra "part" which is pretty visible, even to a novice like myself.

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Anyone know how to tell if the prefacelift cars have had the upgraded vanos fitted? I recall reading something recently that there is an extra "part" which is pretty visible, even to a novice like myself.

I don't think so, never saw that before myself and as far as I was aware all the changes were internal.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.