F1 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Odd, but he's achieved what he's always wanted and probably wants to focus on the family now.

Wouldn't be easy for family watching someone race and then there's the amount of time the drivers are away.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Wow didn't expect that, I suppose he's made his millions, has the title, is a good time to walk away I suppose.

stevyg

RMS Regular
I hope Rosberg has some amazing investments because I think he's a complete numbnuts. Now he's world champion his value as a racing driver is triple, he has a huge contract with Mercedes for the next 2 years worth $50m, why would anyone in the right mind give that up? It doesn't make any sense to retire now, IMO it seems like he's running away from his lucky championship win so he doesn't have to defend it. I hope he enjoys retirement but I think he will be kicking himself very soon.

I'm wondering who Mercedes are going after? Vettel? Max? Or one of their younger drivers?

Last edited:

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Hamilton may see to it that it is one of their younger drivers. Who knows how this will all work out. I'll be interested to see what type of challenge RB can mount next year with the new regulations.

Rosberg's decision is strange and definitely not financially motivated! I would have thought next year would have been the year to cash in on the driver's championship, but obviously he feels he has made enough!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Nico said to be worth around 50 million dollars so I cant see money being an issue to him.....the more you have to start with the easier it is to make more.
He may as well go out on a high as he probably wont win another, unless Lewis happened to have a terrible 2017 in terms of reliability.

Shaun

RMS Regular
He obviously doesn't want to be handing the trophy to lewis next year :party:

Id say there is more behind the scenes going on between him and lewis than what we have heard.

simy

RMS Regular
Merc will need a big-ish name in case Lewie decides to pack it in as well. Alternatively Lewis is officially named number one driver with a newbie backing him up a la Schu / Irvine etc.

stevyg

RMS Regular
I think Alonso might be a bit of a stretch since he will be 36 soon and they might not want the tension between him and Hamilton. Max & Dan are under contract so probably not them. Vettel I'm sure has a clause in his contract that might allow him to leave since Ferrari are doing so bad, I think Mercedes may want another German but Sebs attitude and poor form haven't done him any favours this year. Pascal has had a bit of a poor attitude and might not be ready for such a big step up as he hasn't proved anything yet.

I think Sianz would be a good shout.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
This is a bit like Casey Stoner in Motogp.. But Casey stoner one is more than once. His decision so fair play for making it!

Reactions: dub

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Id' love to se Webber back in F1, always liked him. Could Jenson be in the running or is he done now

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
CuqTLnyXEAEJ5Zi.jpg
People get real will ya ?
Only Wehrlein will be offered the seat . . .

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
He knows deep down that he only won the Championship because Lewis had the technical problems in the middle of the season. He won fewer races than his team mate who finished second.
If Lewis's car had been fully reliable throughout the season, he would've been out of sight with a couple of racers to spare.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Pascal has already tested in the merc when Hamilton threw his toys out of the pram before Monaco and threatened to quit (allegedly), would be suprised if anyone else got offered the seat

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Gp2 champion going spare. Hopefully won't give pascal the seat as force India didn't even want him. Poor old hulkenberg must be kicking himself for signing a long term deal with Renault now.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Can you imagine Alonso jumping to Mercedes only for McLaren to produce an absolute wonder car?!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.