F30 M Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
They have been a long time coming but they arrived today, absolutely over the moon with them. The quality is phenomenal and the likeness to the genuine xenons is uncanny.

Just need to see when I can get off work to get them fitted,.

AA8698CF-F13D-4DC6-89C3-B4FD24DBBEC4_zpsv9hctwka.jpg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
They have been a long time coming but they arrived today, absolutely over the moon with them. The quality is phenomenal and the likeness to the genuine xenons is uncanny.

Just need to see when I can get off work to get them fitted,.

Have you thought about trying some led bulbs in the dip beam? Instead of a hid kit.

Wouldn't have to change them for mot as they wouldn't know.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Have you thought about trying some led bulbs in the dip beam? Instead of a hid kit.

Wouldn't have to change them for mot as they wouldn't know.
Unfortunately the mot law here lists LED low beam bulbs illegal too

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Unfortunately the mot law here lists LED low beam bulbs illegal too
Yes but they won't know, the bulbs will be unseen and they are immediately bright like halogens (unlike xenons) only brighter.

As long as the beam patterns and cut off is correct which it should be especially in the projector lenses.

I believed it was @Big Pimp that had a set in normal reflector headlights and passed mot, think he said the pattern and cut off was better too.

I plan to try H4 LED bulbs in my Range Rover, I will check the pattern etc in headlight alignment machine at work. If the pattern and cut off is bad or I get flashed on the road I will take them out again.

Seem to get a pair of quality led bulbs for well under £50 too, a good hid kit will cost more than double.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I believed it was @Big Pimp that had a set in normal reflector headlights and passed mot, think he said the pattern and cut off was better too.

I plan to try H4 LED bulbs in my Range Rover, I will check the pattern etc in headlight alignment machine at work. If the pattern and cut off is bad or I get flashed on the road I will take them out again.

It was me indeed.

I took my caddy for MOT with the led bulbs in purely to see how the beam pattern etc was. Had there been any bad pattern or cut off they were coming out.

I passed MOT with them in and told them about them prior to testing

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Ok guys something to consider in the future. The LED bulbs would need coded out for my car as they would flicker and throw up errors.

I have a 5000k hid kit waiting to go into these projectors, so they will be pretty much oem.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Ok guys something to consider in the future. The LED bulbs would need coded out for my car as they would flicker and throw up errors.

I have a 5000k hid kit waiting to go into these projectors, so they will be pretty much oem.

Notice some come with a wee canbus/anti flicker box.

Hid kit will be a nice improvement tho

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
It was me indeed.

I took my caddy for MOT with the led bulbs in purely to see how the beam pattern etc was. Had there been any bad pattern or cut off they were coming out.

I passed MOT with them in and told them about them prior to testing
just bought a pair on H4 with low and high beam to try.

Anyway back on topic. New lights will look good.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
In other news I also have a set of side sills coming for the car

The are the black lips that stick out from the below the side skirts, they are part of the M Performance pack. They are a continuation on from the lip of the the front splitter that goes to the edge of the bumper.

8C9CED21-D79B-4FF3-AB45-D38050E04F4A_zpsqdwwlvaf.jpg

dannydnn

RMS Regular
Those are seriously nice fitting bbs on that white one, yours should look the part with those light and skirts fitted. (even though i think what you've gone through for the lights is insane lol)

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Those are seriously nice fitting bbs on that white one, yours should look the part with those light and skirts fitted. (even though i think what you've gone through for the lights is insane lol)
When I put my mind to something I'll always chase it to the end, 7 months of uncertainty, twice the manufacturer said they said werent going to make them in right hand drive for the UK as it was too small of a market, I was persistent and managed to convince them otherwise, as well as bringing them a first batch of UK orders exceeding £6000, from my group buy on the F30post forum.

colin84

RMS Regular

I may have missed it, but how much are the lights?

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
Agreed on the exhaust. Skirts are a great touch, you will be surprised how much dirt/small stones gather between the skirt and lip lol

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
Those are......... almost pointless. I don't mean that to sound mean but my word they look totally lost in the car. It's like they need to stick out another couple of mil.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Those are......... almost pointless. I don't mean that to sound mean but my word they look totally lost in the car. It's like they need to stick out another couple of mil.
Never a man to mince your words eh? Lol

They come as part of the M Performance pack, my car didn't have them, so now it's complete. They are supposed to be subtle and aerodynamic, that's what the blurb says anyway, I'm not going to go chasing BMW questioning the design of their add ons.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.