"Fire glaze" thoughts! (pics)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ruth

RMS Regular
doesnt look that impressive to be honest, considering the civic is a dark colour.

does however, look better on the dc2

Thought that myself, no offence to anyone :oops: civic does look clean and shiny but has no real richness or depth to it which a glaze usually gives! However I've never used this fire glaze, but Red moose and blackfire gep would be my faves :grinning:

PJS

RMS Regular
How can you base an opinion on images shot from 2 different cameras, at 2 different times of day, with 2 very different light levels?
And that's even before we get on to any enhancing in Photoshop or the like, and assuming both cars are identically prep'd as far as paintwork is concerned.
Daft!
Besides, the product is a sealant - don't let the use of the word "Glaze" fool you into thinking it's supposed to be more than it actually is.

Ruth

RMS Regular
How can you base an opinion on images shot from 2 different cameras, at 2 different times of day, with 2 very different light levels?
And that's even before we get on to any enhancing in Photoshop or the like, and assuming both cars are identically prep'd as far as paintwork is concerned.
Daft!
Besides, the product is a sealant - don't let the use of the word "Glaze" fool you into thinking it's supposed to be more than it actually is.

Is it like a cleaner all in one type thing ? Never heard of it tbh

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
sorry, I'm actually basing my opinion on using the stuff too.....

dont think its a fair comparison as the side you used the glaze on wasnt as new paint as the other

very very easy to use product not everyone will be happy im sure as there is always some people who prefer other glazes wax,s polishes etc thus the reason i offered money back to anyone who didnt like it ,,, i dont claim this will correct your paint ! just very easy to use with what i believe to be excellent results .. ive used many many products (not every product) but more than most people will in a lifetime and i feel this is the best ive used this isnt sales pitch as its not really worth my while tbh .. but its not availible here and i had the chance of importing some

i stick by my offer tho and will refund anyone who doesnt feel it gives excellent results for little effort and money ,, no half used bottles tho or 6 months later

ek4 loves it
r6kyl loves it
jonto loves it
mk2 driver loves it

infact everyone but purplea4 loves it and he got a full refund so thats not bad out of 24 bottles sold... and i didnt say there wouldnt be a small handfull who didnt like it ....

i however put this stuff on with a machine and feel this really brings out the best in this product but not necessary .....

nigel

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
Thought that myself, no offence to anyone :oops: civic does look clean and shiny but has no real richness or depth to it which a glaze usually gives! However I've never used this fire glaze, but Red moose and blackfire gep would be my faves :grinning:

i,l let you try some ruth and see what you think would be good to get your input

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
i used it by hand and has gave my A3 lovely shine all i did was wash and dry then polish , i think its great, got a shine like WMF but better again really like it wouldnt mind using a machine see if i can better but as already said its easy on and off and handy to get a bottle also

:grinning:

PJS

RMS Regular
sorry, I'm actually basing my opinion on using the stuff too.....

My comment wasn't aimed in your direction, more Ruth's and Miniator, since they forgot how pictures don't always portray the bare naked truth - so making a snap judgement based on flawed thinking defeats the purpose.

PJS

RMS Regular
Is it like a cleaner all in one type thing ? Never heard of it tbh

It's purely a sealant - like I said, don't let the name the marketing dept have chosen delude you into thinking it's anything like Meguiar's #7 or Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite, etc - those are traditional glazes for adding depth/wetness under a wax layer or two.
Then you have the synthetic versions from Poorboys (Black and White Hole) for swirl masking and doing the same depth/wetness thing, with sealants over the top (since they're more fussy about what they'd bond to).

This is a pure sealant, with the supposed benefits of added depth/wetness, hence where they tack on the Glaze bit, I imagine.
Bottom line, you wouldn't use it over anything but bare, clean, IPA'd paint.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
It's purely a sealant - like I said, don't let the name the marketing dept have chosen delude you into thinking it's anything like Meguiar's #7 or Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite, etc - those are traditional glazes for adding depth/wetness under a wax layer or two.
Then you have the synthetic versions from Poorboys (Black and White Hole) for swirl masking and doing the same depth/wetness thing, with sealants over the top (since they're more fussy about what they'd bond to).

This is a pure sealant, with the supposed benefits of added depth/wetness, hence where they tack on the Glaze bit, I imagine.
Bottom line, you wouldn't use it over anything but bare, clean, IPA'd paint.

bingo pjs .. 110% correct

Jonto

RMS Regular
Drives
finger up arse
few pictures of the girlfriends car after about 10 hours of cleaning and buffing,finished of with fireglaze buffed on with a soft foam pad
golf5.jpg

golf4.jpg

golf3.jpg

golf.jpg

golf2.jpg

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
nice results there ..how do you find it on black jonto?

Jonto

RMS Regular
Drives
finger up arse
i liked it on the black, made it very smooth and very shiny, jodies dad said it was sparkling when he seen us driving down the road (y)

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
i liked it on the black, made it very smooth and very shiny, jodies dad said it was sparkling when he seen us driving down the road (y)

looks well sparkly ...good job , tho i much prefer it myself with a soft pad on a machine(y)

Jonto

RMS Regular
Drives
finger up arse
yeah thats the way i did it put on with the g220 with a soft foam pad just kept going to it was nearly all gone

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
snap i find it easily used that way and you use very little also

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Got some of this on friday so thought I'd give it a go yesterday.

Applied it by hand after a coat of SRP. Really easy to put on and take off. I'd been using Poorboy's Nattys Red wax prior to this and the result wasn't that much different I thought, apart from the ease of use.

Still left a nice gloss finish though.

S5030493%20%5B640x480%5D.JPG

S5030495%20%5B640x480%5D.JPG

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
looks well shiney to me but then i would say that , however im starting to notice a trend in machining and hand applying seems the machine (which is what i use ) gives even better results comming from the feed back im getting

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
looks well shiney to me but then i would say that , however im starting to notice a trend in machining and hand applying seems the machine (which is what i use ) gives even better results comming from the feed back im getting

Don't get me wrong, it left a great finish but I think I'd set my expectations to high. But for the ease of use alone, it was worth it.(y)

Arms are hanging out of me today. :sob: Must get myself a machine to do it in future.

martinopy

RMS Regular
Drives
Granturismo
I'm not really sure what to make of this product, if it's purely a sealant then why is there a need to work it with a machine and also for anyone that has tried it are you putting a coat of wax on once the paint is sealed? I'm not knocking the product by any means, i'm just a little confused by some posts.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
I'm not really sure what to make of this product, if it's purely a sealant then why is there a need to work it with a machine and also for anyone that has tried it are you putting a coat of wax on once the paint is sealed? I'm not knocking the product by any means, i'm just a little confused by some posts.

i personally find it better with a machine and ive said in previous posts there is no need to apply wax after ... also i find for sum reason it almost cleanses the paint as its going on , personal experiences just

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
used it today. Very good product although i have used any other glazes/sealants so cant compare. Very easy to apply and gave good smooth results. It will be good to see 'rain' results as well, probably very soon knowing this country!!

Anyone whos interested can see my car thread in members cars.

Thanks Nigel!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.