Group Rolling Road Day @ AI Autosport Discussion!!

Which venue?

• Total voters
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

I R HillBilly

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
Say what you see..

broken-record.jpg

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Big thanks to Everyone on the day thought it was a great set up, thanks to AI for the grub and Adam for going to the bother of organising
Well pleased with the results the MR2 made

Cars that did it for me today were the NSX, 200sx and cros clio

would have talked to more but would have needed people to stand by their cars to put a name to them lol

I would be extremely grateful if anyone had pictures of the red MR2 on the rollers

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
Wasnt having a dig. The intention originally was to compare a supposely torqueless honda to another 2litre by another manufacturer.

Oops I didn't mean it to look defensive. Was just giving my opinion on it.

I don't know where all this hondas have no torque comes from. For a 2.0 litre non turbo they have as much torque as any others do.
It's just they go much better up the revs than all the rest do and don't run out of puff at 6500 rpm

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
Big thanks to Everyone on the day thought it was a great set up, thanks to AI for the grub and Adam for going to the bother of organising
Well pleased with the results the MR2 made

Cars that did it for me today were the NSX, 200sx and cros clio

would have talked to more but would have needed people to stand by their cars to put a name to them lol

I would be extremely grateful if anyone had pictures of the red MR2 on the rollers

Name tags are almost required on days like this lol

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
Yup that's pretty much it. Only real rule we have is if there is loads of cars we run all the 2 wd together and then 4wd together as it saves loads of time moving the roller bed around.

Mogan

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 4 GSR
I don't know where all this hondas have no torque comes from. For a 2.0 litre non turbo they have as much torque as any others do.
It's just they go much better up the revs than all the rest do and don't run out of puff at 6500 rpm

My 4age is also good with the rpm too, don't count out the oul toyotas ;) 119 torques 157bhp at flywheel when yous did it a while back, not bad for a 1.6l that isn't runnin 100% I thought :grinning:

bluntcap

RMS Regular
Drives
2018 Golf R
Yup that's pretty much it. Only real rule we have is if there is loads of cars we run all the 2 wd together and then 4wd together as it saves loads of time moving the roller bed around.

Ok cool, should really get myself up there then, cars just got KPro so was curious what she's running.

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
My 4age is also good with the rpm too, don't count out the oul toyotas ;) 119 torques 157bhp at flywheel when yous did it a while back, not bad for a 1.6l that isn't runnin 100% I thought :grinning:

Not counting it out. It's just I dont get the hondas have no torque thing. No they don't have torque of a 2.0 tdi but then they do have a turbo and i don't see many of them pulling well at 9000 rpm

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
Ok cool, should really get myself up there then, cars just got KPro so was curious what she's running.

How come you don't know as mapping a k pro would be practically impossible without a dyno. This is why I only mapped turbo cars when I worked from home.

Mogan

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 4 GSR
Not counting it out. It's just I dont get the hondas have no torque thing. No they don't have torque of a 2.0 tdi but then they do have a turbo and i don't see many of them pulling well at 9000 rpm

True there is a major difference in na and turbo, torque on the side of turbos and rpm in na, dervs just anoy me personaly my mate banned me from gettin a tdi due to the amount of bitchin I do lol

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
True there is a major difference in na and turbo, torque on the side of turbos and rpm in na, dervs just anoy me personaly my mate banned me from gettin a tdi due to the amount of bitchin I do lol

This is it. Each to there own. I've personally never owned a diesel car and nor do I plan to. The wife had a golf gttdi 150 for 6 weeks after her ep3. I was told one sat morn after 6 weeks to take it away and it better not return. Swapped it got an Evo 6 that day. She is back in honda tho as she loves them.

bluntcap

RMS Regular
Drives
2018 Golf R
How come you don't know as mapping a k pro would be practically impossible without a dyno. This is why I only mapped turbo cars when I worked from home.

Just running a generic Hondata map at the moment mate, waiting to get a manifold before it gets mapped.

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
Didn't realise that was you in the vx hutchy, sorry for being rude and not saying hello then mate!

I thought mine was down a fair bit, but then realised on the way home when I went to put the filter on I had gone full retard. In the rush before my laptop battery died I put my trumpet bolts on in the wrong order, one that was too long was restricting my WOT and I was halfway home before noticing.

AFR is all I really needed to know anyway so no biggy.

Aaron what car was yours?

That was a bummer. But the offer I made earlier still stands. Bring it back up asap and I'll run it again foc for you.
Jonathan

Cro

RMS Regular
That was a bummer. But the offer I made earlier still stands. Bring it back up asap and I'll run it again foc for you.
Jonathan

Cheers Jonny, if I hadn't been so close to home I would have. Top bloke as always!

It was the afr I was only really concerned with anyway

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.