GTI won't start

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
With a new engine....what way does this work as far as warranty goes now ?

You'd expect a substantial warranty with any new part...be it small or large.

Make sure you do pay something for the repairs though, if they are carrief out free of charge, then they have a get out clause, something about "warranty on warranty". Sister was advised to do this when her MINI was in for goodwill with Prentices.

therock

RMS Regular
OP
T
Fantastic result, fingers crossed nothing changes.

Would you keep or sell it?

Might keep it and change the tensioner unit myself to a better one. Although I've two years and minimal mileage to add to it, so in effect I probably won't lose very much at all on it. May in fact make a profit!

therock

RMS Regular
OP
T
Nothing to update yet, took a spin down to agnews last night to see if it was lying about - and it was in the rear yard. Appeared to still be waiting on work to be done to it

therock

RMS Regular
OP
T
Getting a courtesy now after a 'hint hint' phone call.

Apparently the turbo is damaged too, so that's to be replaced :cool:

Ge0rge

Banned
i know a fella that works in there i gave him a lift home last night and he said engine went in on friday? he also said there have been plenty others in like yours with the same issue.

therock

RMS Regular
OP
T
20130709_154203_zps20024af3.jpg

It's a hard choice between the two tbf. It went in Friday, but they needed to clock up a few miles to ensure all was well, picked her up at half 3 there.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.