Integra wont start

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Ill try and start it and if i can feel or see fumes coming out the back it will give me an idea. Im nearly sure the system was ok before i fitted it, but the manifold was left open that night so something might have crawled in lol

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
even if you can see some fumes come out the back try to start it with the exhaust off anyway to make sure

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Reset the ecu as it was the only thing i could do without getting soaked, seemed to work as i got the car running. thanks for all the help, really helped, thanks to ninek for providing me with a reset procedure (y)

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
sweet, go and rake the bag out of her! :grinning:

for what purpose

allow the ECU to learn the environment.

to be fair, the ideal reset is on a hot day, it sets fuel curves, etc for that day. When it turns cold, then you find the car livens up even more so than normal.

Cold and wet and your onto a winner

Glad that worked. Told ya 6 pages of ****e meant nothing ;)

engines need 3 things, air, fuel and spark (in a compressed chamber)

remove one and it goes tits up, now you were getting fuel and getting spark, so the only thing to do is reset the bit that tells everything how to work

Pulling an exhaust off and some of the other suggestions were just out to make me giggle though.

Glad its running now dude

Go and enjoy it, although kinda saddened you dont wanna give me £££ for the B18 now :p

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
i didnt mean it literally sorry, just meant enjoy it again after not running for a few days

adamski08

RMS Regular
Drives
96 ek civic
he cant go rake the bag outa it he will have the police behind him in no time with that exhaust on lol

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Car wouldnt start again yesterday so i did the ecu again and nothing, got pissded of and left it for the night, went to start it today on the off chance and it started ok after a few splutters. Could a dogy starter motor be causing this?

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
unlikely gary is it turning ok if so not the starter ... if its not turning then possibly

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.