Interesting car for £1500

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
Not too much shopping either!

Took a walk down to the shore thismorning and got myself all gee'd up and was all **** it I want a soft top....now I'm like **** it I'm gonna put a roof on it and sell it.

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
Got the roof down! A bracket was damaged where the rip in the fabric is. Most likely the rip has been caused by the damaged bracket. A really long screwdriver used for prying later and I took her for a spin around the block with the top down. Without a doubt the most fun I've had with clothes on in ages.

Absolutely delighted with my wee project car. Will still need a new hood but will buy a cover first and patch the roof.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Brilliant, literally laughed out loud at that, @Jamz3k the key is to keep your knees together and swivel round before exiting, don't forget to take small steps or you will rip it.

Btw car isn't as bad as I imagined.

Any other way and the g rope will be up your back faster than you can say wedgie.

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
I won't have to practice just yet, it won't be going on the road for a wee while...although maybe sooner than I want as the Passat truly spat its dummy out thisevening with a flickering oil light and whatsounded like a bag of spanners thrown around the engine bay..needless to say I ignored the warning light and turned up the music and drove on.

j44nty

RMS Regular
Great cars good buy I loved mine and slide well leaving junctions but a bit sketchy for anything more ambitious as they snap out fast with the weight in the back. Remember to check the oil every week mine did a half pint sometimes more a week. O2 sensors in the exhaust tortured me too but I got sick of putting them in by the third so pulled the bulb and all was peaceful for years of motoring. Other than that ours was reliable. I also can't believe how cheap these are now because they are a great drive. My wife used it as a daily from Antrim to Newtownards back to ballymena and Antrim every day for 3 years or more and other than service items and lots of oil top ups it was a really great wee car.
Health to drive.

One more thing they are a bit twitchy and someone on here told me to fit a front brace I didn't think it would make much odds but it rearly changed the feel of the wee car on sweeping bends at speed.

j44nty

RMS Regular
I'd love one myself. Had one lined in in England about 4 months ago but couldn't get the time to get over for it.
Yeah funny I lifted mine in Manchester airport at the time too as they where about 1000 cheaper across the water. It turned out to be a young fella and the car was covered in driftworks stickers and had a button insert thing on the handbrake so it didn't lock up. I thought oh dear il take it home and sell it but turned out a great car thankfully.

Some folk put the 190 celica 1.8 in them I would imagine they are fantastic with it. it

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Health to drive the new motor (y)
I'm biased tho in preferring the mk2 mr2 for its tuning capabilities just

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I really like these cars

7773631066_75cfb4dcab.jpg

DSC01400.png

wy6ezd8a5dfbz3wvvhe5.jpg

100_02682.jpg

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
In old faithful today. Just rang up my insurance company. Mirroring my full ncb and a mileage cap of 3,000miles they are looking 900snoops! Near choked.

Mine was less for a full year in the 330D with 15k miles... and Im a hallion with history to prove it! lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.