IOM TT 16

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
There's always a hollowness when a great win is accompanied by deaths on the same day.

When you see red flag or 'serious incident' flash up on the Twitter feed, there's that period of dread. The not knowing what has happened and the hope that it's not that bad. And you never think it will be someone of the calibre of Shoey.

Thoughts with Paul Shoesmith's family and that of and Dwight Beare.

I second everything you said here...

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Hutchy the man to beat this week, two wins today and an epic first lap on the stocker.
Micky D disqualified from 2nd place in the SS results for a technical infringement.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
just back from being over at the weekend, unreal, the weather was perfect! some serious lap times being put in this year!

Cess

RMS Staff
Hutchy is nigh on unbeatable on that bike. TTC machinery seems to be the best of the best too. The Senior should be a monumental showdown.

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Would love to see Michael stop Hutchy's run for the senior. Hopefully both bikes prove reliable and we should be down for a great race. If conditions remain good, surely a 134mph lap is possible?! Shows how good the Superstockers are when they are putting in 133's!

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Just home about an hour ago, great day, speed of the bikes is unreal, and the top 10 are just something else to watch! Good to see Michael get it, his first few laps were stormers! Good to see he now has the sense to hold back to keep his place and not be balls out all the time!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Seen some news pop up on FB about another fatality ? Is that 3 ?

As much as I love motorsport too...the road racing is just insane.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
Great days racing yesterday although sickening to hear of these accidents as we were going home...
About the only photo I managed to catch on the phone - Dunlop leading the senior, think that's anstey on the rcv behind him..

WP_20160610_16_23_45_Pro.jpg

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Just home about an hour ago, great day, speed of the bikes is unreal, and the top 10 are just something else to watch! Good to see Michael get it, his first few laps were stormers! Good to see he now has the sense to hold back to keep his place and not be balls out all the time!

Where did you stand to watch it Adrian? And is it handy to get over to the island?

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Liked the conference at end of senior between hutchy n Dunlop.

niallspence

RMS Regular
Drives
ST RS/FN2/GsxR
Liked the conference at end of senior between hutchy n Dunlop.

Sounds like Hutchy had been storing all the frustration up and just let rip. Not really sure about the whole ins and outs of it but sounds like he was a bit annoyed at Michael getting a better engine than him from Germany. I am a Hutchy fan, and i really like the guy but i also remember after lasts years superbike race he was bitching about Hickmans Stocker and how quick it was and implying that he may have been cheating. It's a shame because he doesn't need to be coming off with statements like that because he is good enough in his own right.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Sounds like Hutchy had been storing all the frustration up and just let rip. Not really sure about the whole ins and outs of it but sounds like he was a bit annoyed at Michael getting a better engine than him from Germany. I am a Hutchy fan, and i really like the guy but i also remember after lasts years superbike race he was bitching about Hickmans Stocker and how quick it was and implying that he may have been cheating. It's a shame because he doesn't need to be coming off with statements like that because he is good enough in his own right.
Yeah exactly no reason for it at all then saying about future TT s not going to them ,this is a fella that nearly lost his leg n battled so hard to get back to TT n road racing poor statement from him,n know Michael's no angel either.

niallspence

RMS Regular
Drives
ST RS/FN2/GsxR
Statement released by the ACU today, regarding the 'Protest' by MD, " This technical inspection was carried out on all of the top three finishers in TT Supersport Race 2 on Wednesday 8th June and no discrepancies were identified in any of the motorcycles checked and no team or competitor lodged official protests."

According to Hutcy on twitter, a scrutineer is to blame for passing bad information. Again....he has just been made to look very foolish. Mind games eh!!

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Seems like MD's mind games worked a treat on Hutchy. He has been made look a very sore loser as a result of all this. MD is also a very sore loser so to hear him giving off isn't unusual. Hutchy on the other hand is a bit of a surprise, and shows the pressure that Dunlop put him under.

Looking forward to the highlights tonight! :grinning:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Where did you stand to watch it Adrian? And is it handy to get over to the island?

I get a private rib over, leave Ardglass and into Peel, and then taxi over to Douglas, walk round the pits etc, and watch racing at Brae Hill. Debating making a week of it next year, maybe get up round the mountain somewhere!

ilovequo

RMS Regular
OP
ilovequo
I get a private rib over, leave Ardglass and into Peel, and then taxi over to Douglas, walk round the pits etc, and watch racing at Brae Hill. Debating making a week of it next year, maybe get up round the mountain somewhere!
Were we on Toms boat together?
Us 4 boys were sat out the back...

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Were we on Toms boat together?
Us 4 boys were sat out the back...

I went over with the 2 guys that own BLRC in Saintfield, Andrew & Granville, they have a boat each, don't know of any Toms on it but could be wrong!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.