It's Snowing

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
What year is that? I thought they were similar running gear to a disco which doesn't need electronics to reset anything. Do you mean bed in the park brake? Or did the park brake over extend and need wound in again?

You were 100% right. Been waiting for days for a mate to lend me his computer when all it took was E-brake off & caliper wind back tool.
Thanks @swansty , back on the road now. Was poorly advised before.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
You were 100% right. Been waiting for days for a mate to lend me his computer when all it took was E-brake off & caliper wind back tool.
Thanks @swansty , back on the road now. Was poorly advised before.
Make sure your park brake is properly adjusted. They work fairly well when given an annual clean, grease and adjustment and are used regularly. Failing to adjust or use it regularly leads to failure.

Ghost

RMS Regular
I call bs on it till I see it. They can't predict a days weather here or tell us when we are going to have out one day of summer now nearly a week in advance they can say snow.
Keep the faith! Fingers and toes crossed!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Definitely a touch on winter kicking in last night. Trees down, bins blown hundreds of meters away, roof tiles off houses etc...

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
The contents of half our streets blue bins are filling everyone's gardens this morning ffs

Gaz86

RMS Regular
It dawned on me at about 1am that my bin was still round the side of the house lol had to rush out and bring it in beside I found it parked against the side of my car. Was pretty bad in Dromore. Not entirely convinced we'll see much if any snow yet though. Unless the temperature really drops tonight.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
I had the black bin near the wifes car (Smart Fortwo and has plastic panels). Asked her if she wanted me to go move it.. "nah sure it'll just bounce off the car" right enough went outside this morning was lying up against the side of it. No marks nothing. Plastic cars ftw.

@gezEP3 Apparently the real feel is -1 atm dropping to -3 at 12 albeit the temp is 6 so I assume that the "real feel" is including wind chill, that said its forecast to be 4 Celsius at 10pm with a real feel of -5 and over night between -5 and -7 real feel with temps being 2 Celsius.

What does this mean? ****ed if I know!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
As far as I understand it, "real feel" is a temperature that includes wind chill and humidity. Thermometers aren't affected by it but because we warm the air around our bodies and moisture affects how we stay warm and/or sweat it feels warmer/colder based on humidity and wind. So 2 degrees with high humidity and lots of wind 'feels' the same as -5 with no wind and optimal (or low) humidity. Just like warmer temps with higher humidity makes it feel warmer than it actually is.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I could hear the recycling boxes sliding about the street last night and bottles clinking, our street looked a bit like a land fill this morning ffs. Did people not think oh its a bit windy when they left their box out

Gaz86

RMS Regular
As far as I understand it, "real feel" is a temperature that includes wind chill and humidity. Thermometers aren't affected by it but because we warm the air around our bodies and moisture affects how we stay warm and/or sweat it feels warmer/colder based on humidity and wind. So 2 degrees with high humidity and lots of wind 'feels' the same as -5 with no wind and optimal (or low) humidity. Just like warmer temps with higher humidity makes it feel warmer than it actually is.

Getting your geek on there mate 8-|:p Always wondered what that meant (y)