It's Snowing

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Some chat about this snow on fb pages....baffles me how people convince themselves it could not possibly snow because it was 10 degrees last night....it's not inconceivable like an 8-10 degree drop in 24-48 hours is hardly unheard of.

I'm taking no chances in wrecking the rented Touareg anyway lol

IMG_0436.JPG

simy

RMS Regular
I enquired about winter tyres at the local tyre place and the guy looked at me like I had two heads. Apparently it doesn't get wintery enough here.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Had those continentals on the MK5 and they were brilliant.

I think at the time they were the best winter tyre available. I got them at cost as a friend knew someone high up in continental! (Would have had to buy a set of tyres for her in the period of the lease anyway).

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I think at the time they were the best winter tyre available. I got them at cost as a friend knew someone high up in continental! (Would have had to buy a set of tyres for her in the period of the lease anyway).

About 5 minutes after swapping mine back to the summers in spring I ended up in a big tank slapper heading into a slip road. Some difference in grip even when it's just cold and greasey lol

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
YR.no still showing no precipitation over the next few days. Dry and cold....I hope they are very wrong.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
I'd be more worried about the wind when flying. We landed in a very windy Belfast city one day and I swear we must have been half on the grass. It was the only time I'd ever been nervous in a plane.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Pretty sure it was physics.

Those "Real feel" numbers are pretty much made up though.

A bit of a breeze makes it feel cooler on exposed skin, we all know that. In extreme cold, -10/-15 that can increase the risk of frost bite on exposed skin, but put some clothes on and it is no problem.

The temperature of the air is exactly the same.

And any talk of +3 suddenly becoming -7 from a bit of wind is utter nonsense. Anyone claiming that must have completely missed physics class :grinning: