Kilbroney 2018

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
It really is one of the best shows over here. Such a wide range of metal on show!!

Will get my form posted off this week and hopefully get the Coupe S on display again.

Andy55

RMS Regular
Best show about by far.
Will be there in the mini.
For anyone that hasn’t been before and entering a car. Get there early or be prepared to queue!

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Best show about by far.
For anyone that hasn’t been before and entering a car. Get there early or be prepared to queue!

I be going a lot earlier this year, was stuck on the road from hilltown for ages.

AustinSevenS

RMS Member
Drives
(real) Minis
Best show about by far.

I always try to be there before 10. I'd rather be in early, get parked up and get a brew on instead of sitting in traffic boiling.

mayweather

RMS Regular
OP
mayweather
Drives
M3 Evolution
I always try to be there before 10. I'd rather be in early, get parked up and get a brew on instead of sitting in traffic boiling.

We left ballymoney at 7:00am 2 years ago and we sat near an hour in traffic on that coast road into kilbroney forrest park.

The year before i considerd abandoning my car and walking the rest.

c_rad

RMS Regular
I wonder would they let the Saab be shown? :joy: Get a few of us Saab beards together for the day!

AustinSevenS

RMS Member
Drives
(real) Minis
We left ballymoney at 7:00am 2 years ago and we sat near an hour in traffic on that coast road into kilbroney forrest park.

The year before i considerd abandoning my car and walking the rest.

I decided that this year we'd leave the house at 8am to get us there before 9. I'm on the Minis In Northern Ireland stand so at least I'll have a reserved space on the flat rather than trying to squeeze into a space further up the hill.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Maybe there should be a RMS stand? Would like to bring my vRS with the Golf but its too young being a 2002.

mayweather

RMS Regular
OP
mayweather
Drives
M3 Evolution
What's the best way to come into it?

As far as I can remember we went through Rosstrevor ( maybe warrenpoint...) and then got stuck on a long coast road of traffic

AustinSevenS

RMS Member
Drives
(real) Minis
What's the best way to come into it?

As far as I can remember we went through Rosstrevor ( maybe warrenpoint...) and then got stuck on a long coast road of traffic

Coming from Belfast direction it's best to take A1 all the way to Newry and then the A2 to Warrenpoint. Go through Warrenpoint and take the coast road towards Newcastle. This will take you through Rostrevor and therefore Kilbroney.

Alternatively you can go through Banbridge and take the back roads to Rathfriland and Hilltown, then take the mountain road down to Rostrevor.

Either way you will still be hitting traffic as Rostrevor is not a big place and narrow roads, and with the 1000 odd vehicles that will be trying to get into a single gate it'll be grid lock later on in the morning.

Need to be in and parked by 1pm as far as I know. The gates are closed then I think.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Is there parking at it? I don’t mind leaving early to get a space, just as a spectator mind you, don’t have anything interesting to show. Well, unless an 02’ 106 independance qualifies lol

mayweather

RMS Regular
OP
mayweather
Drives
M3 Evolution
Is there parking at it? I don’t mind leaving early to get a space, just as a spectator mind you, don’t have anything interesting to show. Well, unless an 02’ 106 independance qualifies lol

Loads of parking the place is huge

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Took the landy last year was great days craic, must fill out a form.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Would my 2000 registered Impreza be accepted does anybody know before I send off the form? It says pre 1990 registered cars but not sure if that's just for the prizes or for all entries.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Would my 2000 registered Impreza be accepted does anybody know before I send off the form? It says pre 1990 registered cars but not sure if that's just for the prizes or for all entries.

The last time I was there, there were a few classic Impreza's parked on the hill including an RB5.

18986075796_35a1765fc0_c.jpg

Last edited:

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
i go to this each year as its near enough on my doorstep ( i live in warrenpoint) its a good show & a great location with the back drop of the mournes ect, there's always a good turn out & always some nice motors that catch thee eye, one thing I've noticed though is quite a few of the classics you see there can be quite rough or maybe unfinished, which is surprising to me coz i would only take a car to the show only if i had it sitting prestine but i suppose its abit of fun & that, deffinatly not the best car show I've been to I've been to Goodwood a Couple of times & some other car shows in england but over all its a good day out & generally good weather ya meet some characters too

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
There was plenty of early mid and late 90’s stuff there... I’d imagine if it’s of interest or performance it will go down a treat

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
we go the back rd into rostrevor its far quicker no traffic, instead of sitting in all that traffic on the coastal rd

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
looks like I should be getting of work for this!

Best show in Ireland by a mile, hopefully the weather holds out.

Missed last year because of work, was soul destroying.

Many forum members going?

IMG_4271.jpg

This pic doesn't even do the quantity of classics justice!

At least credit me for the picture :p

I plan on being there, went last year for the first time ever and no idea how i have never done the show before - absolutely mind blowing!

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
There's a z4 in it, mustn't be too strict on the age limit. I'd love to put the evo in but I'd need the front bumper tidied up to get her presentable, maybe next year