MINI John Cooper Works GP

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Met a fella with one of these the other days. Just a wee cat back on it and it sounded amazing! So many burbles and pops and it wasn't OTT loud. Class wee things!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Dont think black suits the car with kit etc or maybe it is the wheel design.

Would like to see those wheels in Silver or even White ... think that might help them. Just my opinion.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Dont think black suits the car with kit etc or maybe it is the wheel design.

Would like to see those wheels in Silver or even White ... think that might help them. Just my opinion.

Here's a pic of them in silver on a GP. I much prefer the black, though I think it's because of the red stickers which go with the other red bits on the car. Red stickers wouldn't work with silver though.

IMG_0034.JPG

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Here's a pic of them in silver on a GP. I much prefer the black, though I think it's because of the red stickers which go with the other red bits on the car. Red stickers wouldn't work with silver though.

View attachment 127437

There definitely bigger than yours. I think that looks class tho.

That picture really shows how far the wheels are to each end of the car.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Surprised I haven't heard this yet!

Was through Dromara earlier an all, I'm sure half the country heard me!

There definitely bigger than yours. I think that looks class tho.

That picture really shows how far the wheels are to each end of the car.

The silver wheels are exactly the same size as mine, just shows that colour can make wheels seem bigger or smaller!

Last edited:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Was through Dromore earlier an all, I'm sure half the country heard me!

The silver wheels are exactly the same size as mine, just shows that colour can make wheels seem bigger or smaller!
Really do look bigger. Anyway I think the black looks mean.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Just got the car back from @big_pete this morning so here are the obligatory just cleaned photos. Hope Pete doesn't mind me using his as mine don't show the shine as much.

PMG have done a fantastic job bringing out the best in the cars 10 year old paintwork, looks better than brand new!
Really impressed with how it looks, almost feels a shame to have to drive it to Galway tomorrow now and get it dirty lol. Will run the hose over it before the Mini run on Sunday and hopefully have it looking good again.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Honestly dude, from outside that day you left mine, it's not loud, great noise, but not loud.

Lol it's not loud all the time, but once you put the foot down it is! I overtook the wife the other night and when I got home her only words were "Jesus Christ it's loud" lol. I was still giggling though so zero fcks were given that night :laughing:

Must get you out a blast sometime

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Love this, looks so purposeful with the wheels and brakes.

Fair play to you, not afraid to mod it etc (y)

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Love this, looks so purposeful with the wheels and brakes.

Fair play to you, not afraid to mod it etc (y)

Cheers Ben (y)

I had fully intended to keep it standard, but then thought **** it. Plenty on the owners forum have modded theirs an all, and as for resale in years to come it'll all be able to be unbolted if needs be and returned to standard.

Only thing is I prefer it standard looking so may stick standard wheels back on with a 4mm spacer. Don't want to as choice of tyres is limited plus it's so much more comfortable with these wheels but we'll see what happens.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Seen it the other day and it's stunning, the wheels are far nicer in the flesh.

I reckon you take me a blast when you collect your voucher you won lol