MK4 Detailed

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dee

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
This is complete utter ****e!valeting ftw!dont see too many "detailed interiors tho" (some more ammo for yas lol)

Bass c

Banned
Can't really see no VALETER doing this to the interior of a car.... Fabric Gaurd used, polish on the inside....

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=51125

But I have seen a VALETER remove seats and hot powerwash them, with a load of TFR...

Don't forget Guys and Girls, DETAILERS GO INTO MORE DETAIL!!!!

It's all in the name....

wheres the pics of your cars polished floor pans? VALETERS in DeAlErShIpS use FaBrIc GUARD (Is Gaurd detailer version?) all the time too :party:

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Detailers are just glorified window cleaners walking about with thier stepladders and 3 buckets.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
Can't really see no VALETER doing this to the interior of a car.... Fabric Gaurd used, polish on the inside....

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=51125

But I have seen a VALETER remove seats and hot powerwash them, with a load of TFR...

Don't forget Guys and Girls, DETAILERS GO INTO MORE DETAIL!!!!

It's all in the name....

we had the seats out of the car last week.....interesting..

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
SOoOoOoOoOooOoOoOoOo......on to the thread topic lmao

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Detailers are just glorified window cleaners walking about with thier stepladders and 3 buckets.

1 bucket and no stepladders for me, honestly you really should base your opinions on hard evidence and facts over ideas that pop in your head. If you don't really understand it then don't mock it (y)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
No-one use a drop of t-cut and super resin with a cloth anymore?

Dee

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
we had the seats out of the car last week.....interesting..
Yeah pete but it wasnt a fancy lotus elise and we didnt have nice polo neck zymol t-shirts and a bloody duster your ma wud use to dust down the display cabinet in ur front room so it obviously wudnt be good enough:party:

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
Yeah pete but it wasnt a fancy lotus elise and we didnt have nice polo neck zymol t-shirts and a bloody duster your ma wud use to dust down the display cabinet in ur front room so it obviously wudnt be good enough:party:

TRUE, its not good enough!!!!!!!!!

dubsport

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf

:laughing: - haha - bout time you hada tickle stick for the t-sport Dee!

We no ud luv it really ^o)

tim

RMS Regular
Im just after typing quite a long post (as usual) but no doubt I'll just get banned again.

So all I will say is this. Here’s a little post I found on a certain forum. This sums up the 'Valeting' Crew for me perfectly.

Quoted from a Thread on Detailing World called: buffing attempt yeo!
no mate, silverline buff on some random pad and a gmop polishing foam
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=52409

You can't compete with these type of people because they will always undercut you. So dont try to.

As for Baz. If as you say, valeting and detailing are the same thing. Does that not make you a detailer as well? (y)

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
check the dates son, nobody gets good without practicing, and alot has went on with it in the last two months! anyway was the finish good or was it not good? and no im not saying your amazing in 2 months either! think what you will! and also if you look the corolla thread was a slight piss take!

The DTW thread wasnt written in serious perspective! the pad was random, (unbranded) it was a compounding pad. the farecla pad was a advanced polishing foam. the compounds were g3 and g10. now since then i've started using better compounds..3m, menzerna etc!

valeting...detailing....its only gonna be as good as the amount of time and effort you put into a car and obvously your knowledge.

Now, is there any chance this can be dropped and people can grow up a bit and just get on with cleaning cars to their own standards and calling it whatever the **** they want! im sure really most people couldnt give two shiny craps about whats its called, old school, new school, detailing, valeting, car cleaning, wee buff, bit of a polish,a...wash etc and so forth!

Pete

Dan.86

RMS Regular
well said pete.... if the customer is happy with the time and effort put into their car after a valet/detail then nothing else should matter, and as the majority are from this forum im guessing the standards are exceptionally high.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
unfortunately!

in order

Who cares
zilch
not many properly, just my own for expirementing!

dubsport

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
valeting...detailing....its only gonna be as good as the amount of time and effort you put into a car and obvously your knowledge.

(y) I think this sums it all up pretty well and every1 sud now quit there b!tchnin an get it on with it

P.S pete_clio i was wondering if u cud clay my car for me sometime - i herd its very good for removing swirl marks - BYOSB:laughing:

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
also if this keeps up, i can see everyone falling out and the friendly nature of the forum, i.e sharing knowledge on all things cars. goin down the shi11er and itll be crap.

possibly a camp thing to say but it is potentially true!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.