Mk7 Golf R

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Another one I'm afraid!

Picked this up yesterday for Mrs Lyons. 2015 with 21k. The only extras are DSG, reversing camera and keyless start. I would've loved Discovery Nav too but sadly it wasn't to be.

We were looking a replacement for her CC (which she absolutely hated 8-() and the criteria were 4wd, auto and quicker than it was. She loved her last A6 and was very close to getting another 3.0 Quattro, or D5 XC60 but in the end a combination of her long standing love for Golfs and the fact that we don't need 2 big cars helped make the decision for us.

I missed out on a 2014 blue one with 41k a couple of weeks ago at Crawford Clarke Cars, so they sourced this one for me. Absolutely fantastic service on their part, would definitely use them again. The only thing she didn't want was a red one, but I was able to talk her round!

Only drove it home yesterday, but first impressions are its fantastic. Heading up to the North Coast tomorrow so looking forward to getting a better run in it.

No real plans for it. Want to hardwire an iPhone mount and see if it's possible to play video from a phone. Also collecting a set of Mk6 R wheels from Boydo to put the winter tyres on to.

0F44B59B-81B7-481A-BD1E-493278AE99AA_zpshkhx3phk.jpg

8B086601-D357-46D1-AA55-784CC50B8629_zpsoqyryu9a.jpg

A190B132-A7C2-48FE-8D5A-22AD9AB23198_zps3fieilxz.jpg

047F1AE9-05A1-4599-A269-78CC8E531A51_zpshgir7ugg.jpg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Lovely looks well. What are these like reliability wise? Anything to be looking out for?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
DSG on the Mk7 doesnt seem as reliable as previous models from what I hear. Still a years warranty left on it but, and I'll be extending it thereafter too for peice of mind.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
DSG on the Mk7 doesnt seem as reliable as previous models from what I hear. Still a years warranty left on it but, and I'll be extending it thereafter too for peice of mind.

Really? What sort of problems? Might be a case of everyone coming online to gurn about failures. I remember it being the same with the mk5

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
No idea, only heard 2 local people mention it. First car I've never even read reviews etc online for. I've had my fair share of VAG 2.0T's and love them. I fancied an R since they came out so just went for it!

Dave..

RMS Regular
Never heard of any DSG problems but there are software glitches. My rear camera and drive modes cut out a few times.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Will be passing tomorrow. Will try and remember to send you a text!

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
These are a fantastic car, the wife loves her's and she isn't a petrolhead!:p

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
It was probably the go in yours that helped finalise the decision.