Mk7 Golf R

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Just think the sq5 dash looks so dated

It is, and when my Dad had an A5 on loan with the same MMI as the Q5 in question, it just seemed very slow and laggy vs what his A6 at the time was like.

iDrive is far, far superior in the 4 Series if you get the professional one. Plus you can easily enable Apple CarPlay.

RevT

RMS Regular
I’d vote the SQ5 as I think the 4 series are brutal looking.

Would you not consider something different from the norm and move into a nice Volvo jeep?

You seem to stick to BMW/VAG for everything just, might be a nice change.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Going to have a quick look at the grey 4 series after work today. I’ll let you know my thoughts in a few hours.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
So I had a look at that one in Hursts. First impressions are good. Plenty of boot space, cabin space ok but rear not so good.
That grey one in particular was immaculate. All Bridgestone runflats and all nearly new tread.
I had a quick look through the I drive stuff and I admit it’s a lot more modern than the Q5 we looked at.
I didn’t go for a test drive until I get the family with me so hopefully that will happen next weekend.
DD9DCE68-81E2-4080-BCD5-043BB4F5618C.jpeg
D70087C8-8DD4-40DE-BED1-F1CEF05D5C48.jpeg

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
So I had a look at that one in Hursts. First impressions are good. Plenty of boot space, cabin space ok but rear not so good.
That grey one in particular was immaculate. All Bridgestone runflats and all nearly new tread.
I had a quick look through the I drive stuff and I admit it’s a lot more modern than the Q5 we looked at.
I didn’t go for a test drive until I get the family with me so hopefully that will happen next weekend.
View attachment 268969View attachment 268970
Looks well see they have a 2016 blue one aswell. Decent service history with it?

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Looks well see they have a 2016 blue one aswell. Decent service history with it?

they have a few. I liked the blue one but check out the interior 🤢
That colour wouldn’t be for me.
Unsure about history, hoping to get some more details through the week.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Is it Oyster leather? I prefer it personally, nice change from black!

Is the grey one a 430 or 35?

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Is it Oyster leather? I prefer it personally, nice change from black!

Is the grey one a 430 or 35?
Blue one is oyster leather, assuming that’s white?!
Grey one is black leather and a 30D

can’t help thinking the boot lid neefs a small spoiler to finish it off? Are there any aftermarket ones? No carbon! Not my thing!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yes white. As long as the seat base is black, I like it. White seat base is too much though!