Mondeo tdci poo'd it's self

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Shame, I had a 2ltr 130 for breaking, lost my storage and the owner scrapped it on me, engine, injectors, turbo...the lot lol would have got you sorted for buttons

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
It's also quite tappy or clacky sounding when cold, now the oil isn't fresh but it's still plenty in it.

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
That could be a noisy drive belt tensioner, common enough trait

There is a fix available, but I seem to remember the labour costs couldn't justify it for me to get it done

Mrt20

RMS Regular
Throw some diesel purge though it before cutting your loses. Maybe a do a diesel leak off test prior to that. Are sure you dont have blocked fuel filter or some thing simple?

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Shame, I had a 2ltr 130 for breaking, lost my storage and the owner scrapped it on me, engine, injectors, turbo...the lot lol would have got you sorted for buttons

And this is why I tell my mum & GF if I keep things long enough they will come in handy :grinning: lol

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Anyone know if all injectors are the same for these? Mines 130bhp 05 or 06

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Well we update on this a very helpful rms member came along this morning and done a proper scan of faults, revealed a high knock reading on injector 3. So pulled injector 3 and 4 and swapped them over and recoded. The fault has went away and have done 30 odd mile on it there and still seems fine.
Either it just lost its coding or it may raise its head in a while again remains to be seen. But at least if it does and the fault code moves to cylinder 4 I know I need a injector.
Many thanks @brendy7 nice meeting you

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
Well we update on this a very helpful rms member came along this morning and done a proper scan of faults, revealed a high knock reading on injector 3. So pulled injector 3 and 4 and swapped them over and recoded. The fault has went away and have done 30 odd mile on it there and still seems fine.
Either it just lost its coding or it may raise its head in a while again remains to be seen. But at least if it does and the fault code moves to cylinder 4 I know I need a injector.
Many thanks @brendy7 nice meeting you

Good to hear, although if it was me I'd be getting rid now
It might turn out to be one injector now, but in X amount of weeks/months it will be another injector, then another etc

Just speaking from experience

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Good to hear, although if it was me I'd be getting rid now
It might turn out to be one injector now, but in X amount of weeks/months it will be another injector, then another etc

Just speaking from experience

Oh I know but I'd prefer not to sell on a ticking time bomb. I'll see how it goes for few months. Trouble is, it's absolutely perfect for my needs, worth nothing, actually tidy enough, ideal for fishing down country lanes and even drive to work, last summer I had to throw my last mondeo through a hedge as met a tractor on the dodgy route to work and it was wrote off. Just scrapped it and didn't bother me it gave 3 years on a oil change lol. I lifted 5 grand as soon as this car gave bother and absolutely nothing suited compared to the mondeo. So will see how this pans out.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
320k and mine has never had any injector problems. Use branded fuel and mahle filters if you don't want to pay big money for a Ford part. I was going to sell mine and buy a St focus but in all honesty the mondeo ticks all the boxes for me.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
320k and mine has never had any injector problems. Use branded fuel and mahle filters if you don't want to pay big money for a Ford part. I was going to sell mine and buy a St focus but in all honesty the mondeo ticks all the boxes for me.

My ST has got to point it owes me nothing now really and drives perfect and as you say ticks all boxes as I do about 4-500 miles a week in it. No point buying a new car to loose a fortune on to get to work

jimcupra

RMS Regular
I bought mine 5.5 years ago for 5k, it's worth a few hundred now. What would I buy to replace it nothing I can think of. It does everything a run to the dump, a reasonably decent bit of fun on a b road and they still look good.
My ST has got to point it owes me nothing now really and drives perfect and as you say ticks all boxes as I do about 4-500 miles a week in it. No point buying a new car to loose a fortune on to get to work

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
I bought mine 5.5 years ago for 5k, it's worth a few hundred now. What would I buy to replace it nothing I can think of. It does everything a run to the dump, a reasonably decent bit of fun on a b road and they still look good.

Yeah exactly. Mine has the recaro seats, sat Nav, xeons etc so don't really need much more to drive to work half asleep

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Lovely I would have loved a decent spec but to run as a taxi it was madness. Mine is just the standard interior but it has worn well, just the rear carpets are destroyed with women high heels. Out of all the cars I have owned right up to 20k brand new, my mondeo is by far the best car I have owned. It just keeps going and going, if I was to believe people they apparently sh1t themselves at 100k. I have over 3 times that and still on original engine, gear box, turbo and fuel pump.
Yeah exactly. Mine has the recaro seats, sat Nav, xeons etc so don't really need much more to drive to work half asleep

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Yep they are ideal to just drive. I really don't see any appeal in having something better, for day to day use.

Bedhead

RMS Regular
Drives
Mundaneo, Scudo
Lovely I would have loved a decent spec but to run as a taxi it was madness. Mine is just the standard interior but it has worn well, just the rear carpets are destroyed with women high heels. Out of all the cars I have owned right up to 20k brand new, my mondeo is by far the best car I have owned. It just keeps going and going, if I was to believe people they apparently sh1t themselves at 100k. I have over 3 times that and still on original engine, gear box, turbo and fuel pump.

A lot of them do crap out at 100k, bad servicing, cheap fuel and short journeys from cold kill them, it's the one huge reason I bought a petrol one, I love my Mondeo but at 30mpg average I'd love a diesel one but I know with my luck I'd get an absolute hound.

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
My old man has an 04 ghia x with 90k on it, gets a run out on a Sunday to do the shopping and maybe a few runs during the week. Doesn't give much bother for hardly being out

jimcupra

RMS Regular
That's the secret good diesel and regular servicing, I only use bp ultimate and good filters. Serviced every 10k and treated with mechanical sympathy. mine used to do 1000 miles a week, now it does about 50 miles a week. I'm lucky getting 35 in mine, but once a week it gets a good drive to keep the egr clear.
A lot of them do crap out at 100k, bad servicing, cheap fuel and short journeys from cold kill them, it's the one huge reason I bought a petrol one, I love my Mondeo but at 30mpg average I'd love a diesel one but I know with my luck I'd get an absolute hound.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.