MOTOGP 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Hard to see Ducati putting up more money than Yamaha, but hey, who knows.

He is winning at Yamaha, cannot see him leaving any time soon. Or Yamaha letting him go. Rossi only left because he fell out with the team and Lorenzo, and then came back when things failed to work out.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
And Stoner back next year to Yamaha......... A man can dream lol

Cess

RMS Staff
Patterson is a very respected journalist in motorbike racing circles.

There's nothing in that story about Stoner. Just says that the Lorenzo deal to Ducati is nigh on sealed.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
No there was no mention of stoner, I just really want him to come back lol

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Just watched the race - fantastic. Lucky break for Rossi and great ride from Laverty

I missed Lorenzo crash - was it a dopey one??

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think we got robbed of what could have been a great race in America... High attrition rate early on, turned into a procession after that... Really felt for Dovi!

First few laps were good though, lol :grinning:

Sanz

RMS Regular
Drives
Fireblade
Gutted for Dovi - stupid little Spanish hobbit Pedrosa.

As for Lorenzo to Ducati, I picked up in the commentary during the race that the empty seat at Yamaha is for Vinales? Dovi out? Surely Pedrosa needs the boot from Honda too?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Still cannot believe Lorenzo is moving to Ducati, but hey, good luck to him :grinning: In fairness the Ducati has been much more competitive of late. Would be the final finger to Rossi if he were to be successful there :innocent: So I hope he will not :p

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Watched it last night great first few laps. Rossi looked like he was struggling a bit before sliding off. Defo something not right with his bike.
Great to see Suzuki being competitive - reminds me of the good old Kevin schwantz days!

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
Gutted for Dovi - stupid little Spanish hobbit Pedrosa.

As for Lorenzo to Ducati, I picked up in the commentary during the race that the empty seat at Yamaha is for Vinales? Dovi out? Surely Pedrosa needs the boot from Honda too?
Pedrosa should stay at honda

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Big move for Lorenzo to go to Ducati but a worthwhile one of he makes it work. Would earn a ton of respect if he can win on a Ducati.

Too easy to stay at Yamaha & pick up wins/podiums on a proven bike.

Imagine if Stoner came back to be his teammate :grinning:

Pedrosa hasn't done enough at Honda to warrant another year for me.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
HRC would need to be careful incase they miss out on someone by keeping Pedrosa in a seat.

Cess

RMS Staff
Agree with @svensktoppen

Pedrosa is the ideal no. 2. The team is built round Marquez. He's the main man. Dani is quick, grabs podiums and can win if Marquez falls off. Bring in someone who wants to be a joint number 1, whole different dynamic. Would be entertaining though. :imp:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.