My MR2 3sgte engine build Pic Heavy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
OP
tbdevpaul
Drives
Hundeye
ok turns out the release bearing on the ORC setup was an ORC bearing from their kit and the RPS race clutch I have uses the standard toyota bearing. so happily charlie hurst mallusk had one in stock !! massive thanks to Dusty up there i cant recommend him highly enough for dealing with toyota jdm cars. so the bearing is in and hopefully after a massive bleed on the clutch system which in an mr2 can take hours the car is finished !!. when down and started it up myself this afternoon and the term sweet as a nut doest begin to do it justice. So ill hopefully be doing the rounds soon to see those people I promised a spin too.......................... all below 4500 though so not much fun !!

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
OP
tbdevpaul
Drives
Hundeye
Andy Mercer will be doing the mapping buddy. first 100miles will be done by tomorrow afternoon and then I should pick her up on saturday morning !!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Great thread dude - very interesting reading!!

You most definately can map a car without a rolling road - Phils big brake Evo was built and mapped without one!!

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
OP
tbdevpaul
Drives
Hundeye
best place to map a car is on the road oh and here ya go folks its finished

Some pics for ya folks of the completed car. Only the mileage and final mapping left to do =D>

DSCF1658.jpg

Spud , Me, Andy, Chris

DSCF1668.jpg

thanks for the support from the start folks

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Looks awesome mate, I'm sure you're absolutely dying to get it run in!!

Maxwell

Banned
so all in all....how long did it take from you leaving the car in and recieving it again???

and ps. pm me how much it was im interested

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
OP
tbdevpaul
Drives
Hundeye
thanks Gee and Max. The whole process took around 14 weeks mainly due to parts ordering and specification decisions. Garret turbo alone took nearly 3 weeks and got the wrong timing belt from greddy twice and the wrong water pump from toyota. So all in all the biggest delay was parts. the guys dont have much space so wanted the car out as quickly as possible once the stuff was available. they have beend driving the car from wednesday night and done the 1st 120 miles and oil change for me. So now the next 350 miles will be mine to do asap. then another 600 before the leash can come off !!

I never discuss prices Maxwell, even my family dont know what it cost.

Maxwell

Banned
thats fair do's mate....wasnt invading privousy....just the guy "doing the work" on my vts is arsing about and im considering going elsewhere

Daisy

RMS Regular
Excellent mate, bet you best please... Just get the miles racked up and everything run in....

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
gald to hear its running paul , been a long time since we talked at the sprucefield meet , another 5 oil changes and itll be even better lol :p

cant wait to see it

stephen

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
OP
tbdevpaul
Drives
Hundeye
thanks folks its been a real experience. done another 120 miles today. so 200 more over the weekend and the 2nd oil change will be done on monday morning. Oh and for anyone considering a performance clutch the RPS one is stunning. So far the engine feels amazing, got a slight blow from the flexi but it was starting before the build so will be changed next week. Apart from that so far so good and Im just plain Happy !!!

Daisy

RMS Regular
Glad your happy mate... Some amount of work and effort in this motor, credit to all involved....

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
great project paul, will be very interested to see how it goes when its all broken in and driving 100%

rms meet with paul taking us for a trip each FTW (y)

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Brilliant paul ... love the reflective under dside to the bonnet nice touch (y)

cant wait to see it in the flesh .... :grinning:

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
that is one nice MR2 you've got there paul and one of the best threads on rms imo (y)
am lovin that mirror - is it off the shelf or a custom made job?

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
OP
tbdevpaul
Drives
Hundeye
the stainless lid is made by KO Racing in the US. it has its pros and cons to be honest. its fantastic 2 have the 2 puller fans taking air from the bay bu it has done away with the rain tray so the engine lid must be covered at night and through the day if there is rain, but its fine one the car is up and running. heat is the killer for the mr2 engine bay so its a properly good upgrade and looks great too.

@Chris Mac --- No problem the MR2 taxi will be in full use once its run in

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
OP
tbdevpaul
Drives
Hundeye
yeah richy i can feel the potential in it already to be honest but i know compared to the gt2860 the power is going to be more at the top end and probably not making a bar of boost until 4300 rpm or in and around there but once its there on the gt30 it will be fun for sure !!

ricky_t

RMS Regular
Drives
M3Cx
Mate thats fantastic, went really well at the sprucefield meet, its going to be a monster now!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.