It’s a touch cold this morning 🥶
IMG_1546.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Not much to update on except for the fact that I’d been noticing a strange damp musty smell when the heater was cranked up. I did the usual and changed the pollen filter, to no avail.

Today when hoking around the car I noticed water sitting under the scuttle panel, so I removed it and found this drain was blocked, stuck a screwdriver down it and it drained away the water.

IMG_1719.jpeg

So hopefully over the next few days I’ll notice if the smell has gone or not.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
IMG_1727.jpeg
IMG_1731.jpeg
IMG_1733.jpeg
IMG_1734.jpeg
Today the wife and three of our kids went out for a wee drive ending up at Davagh Forest/OM Dark Sky Observatory.

Great roads but they’ve shown me I need upper arms as there was a little bit of knocking along them.

What a view though, the car and the forest! 😉😂

saxo_man

RMS Regular

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Good job, looks a simpler job than a 156/147 top arms. I was putting top arms in the 156 2.4 every year, it killed the power steering pump at 30k too. Honestly never had a car that needed as much work until the Fiesta lol.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Good job, looks a simpler job than a 156/147 top arms. I was putting top arms in the 156 2.4 every year, it killed the power steering pump at 30k too. Honestly never had a car that needed as much work until the Fiesta lol.

One of the first real spanner jobs I ever done was front top arms on my 147, that was a painful painful job!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Yea it’s not too bad, have to drop the shock to be able to get the two inner bolts out far enough, but it took me about 1.5hrs start to finish for the pair.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Gave the big girl a wash today and noticed on the rear most windows in particular, that there was a “sandy” appearance on the exterior glass that didn’t come off in the wash.

So I took to all the windows with a clay bar and a much better finish with a proper gloss to the glass.

IMG_1800.jpeg

wes

RMS Regular
Gluten for punishment blackie these cars dont stay with you too long lol after putting so much effort into it too 👍

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Gluten for punishment blackie these cars dont stay with you too long lol after putting so much effort into it too 👍
The wife has just bought a dog, doesn’t want to carry it in her new car lol, so I need to get an estate car now because I don’t want a dog in the main cabin with me lol.