NI Speed Camera Locations

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Stuarty1984

RMS Regular
Covered a few times...

But have to have signs up warning cameras are in operation in this area, which there are not... Basic jist...

I didnt think it had garybaldo, I asked before also.

I would say that not having signs up would be deemed as a crap argument if they were working and caught you.

W9NGJ

RMS Regular
camera between ards and ballybean definitly not working as i sent a email to the psni about them because i was worried i went to fast over that road. they sent vack they arnt working and didnt know when they will be

stephenpatterson

Drives
toyota starlet
does the yellow speed camera on the uppernewtownards road work . it is beside the quikfit.
does any1 no if the blue ford transit with the speed camera in in is monotoring speed or or for sending out tickets .
:scream: lol im just waitin for the day for about 10 letters coom threw the post

avo5021

RMS Regular
does the yellow speed camera on the uppernewtownards road work . it is beside the quikfit.
does any1 no if the blue ford transit with the speed camera in in is monotoring speed or or for sending out tickets .
:scream: lol im just waitin for the day for about 10 letters coom threw the post

Blue Transit is a Safety Camera van that detects speeding offences by video evidence.

Camera on UpperNewtonards road is definately a working Camera..

Crazy Horse

Drives
Astra
I did't think they should be allowed to prosecute you then. Do the guidelines say that there has to be warning signs up within a certain distance?

I think a lot of celebs who let it go to court with a good solicitor may have gotten off on this clause.

jamesy

Are the speed limit signs not a warning that your speed could be checked?

FatRat

Drives
M3 Evo SMG
STEVIE, The Dee Street camera does not work any more. It was purely for calibration purposes of the system. It only showed a time of how long after the red light you passed through. No speed detection capability. Hoever the one at Middlepath Street does work.

FatRat

Drives
M3 Evo SMG
The cameras on Ards to Dundonald are for development purposes only. They do not work for detection use. As earlier post says all permanent camera sites must be between speed camera signs. However the vans can operate outside camera signs where a specific complaint has been made in regard to speed, so watch out, you never know where they might be.

FatRat

Drives
M3 Evo SMG
The cameras on Ards to Dundonald are for software development only. OFFICIAL

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
Anyone know anything more about the lines they painted on the west link?

Don`t follow the usual speed camera markings but they are interesting, possibly just a sort of physiological stunt to slow down traffic (so the chav's can brick your car better..)

You mean PSYCHOLOGICAL? physiological is to do with the body lol

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
Some people have asked me about the dual carriage way specs from ards to dundonald... I can confirm that they only work coming FROM ards to dundonald but dont work FROM dundonald to ards..

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Some people have asked me about the dual carriage way specs from ards to dundonald... I can confirm that they only work coming FROM ards to dundonald but dont work FROM dundonald to ards..

Pretty obvious considering the first set of Camera's have no chance of seeing a car at the other side of the carraigeway nevermind a number plate, and afaik they still arent turned on yet?

bwatson87

Drives
Just got flashed at by the tall camera hidden underneath the m3 bridge, going onto the m3 onslip from the westlink. Was doing 35-40, 2.30 am, though a green light, accelerating up onto the motorway (i.e. heading towards Bangor from the Westlink). Thought this was a red light camera, PSNI website confirms it as such. What do you guys recon, should I be expecting points and a fine?

FatRat

Drives
M3 Evo SMG
Don't worry about it, they sometimes go off on the green phase, but the photo is checked by the Mk1 eyeball and will confirm the green light (if it was green). The photo shows your car reg and all the details from the traffic light control unit, eg which light is showing and if it is red then how long after the red light you were pinged, if it was a green light then that will show up on the photo. Perhaps you tripped the camera for the other lights and if that is the case then the photo will show you side on.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.