NI Speed Camera Locations

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
i thought the vans where only allowed to operate on areas where there was sinage.

anyway to confirm that they can operate anywhere with just the usual hair dryers they were on the A26 from Antrim to Ballymena the other day. hows this for being sly dogs. they were aiming at the lowest point in the dip just after the Texaco petrol station as to catch people out coming down the hill and not compensating for the little extra momentum picked up going down hill.

also i think its safe to say the ''Road marking trial'' is going to be the location of a new gatso on the A26 Dual carriageway from Antrim to Ballymena. you can see the measurment marking on the road already.

Tricky Dicky

RMS Member
Drives
Big White 110ft.
Right guys ref the Specs. cameras. and this only refers to a dual carriageway, I have been told that after passing the 1st camera if you then change lanes before the 2nd camera your speed won't register because each of the twin cameras only collates info for the lane it points at. That was a bit of a mouthful. I can't confirm this and don't really want to try it either, but does anyone know if this is true ??

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
From what i've read it is apparently true, but in the likes of the ards / dundonald carriage way there's 3 sets of cameras and they can take readings from each so no matter what way you try to change lanes they'll at least get your speed from one pair of them.

That's the way i'm lead to believe it anyway :grinning:

Tricky Dicky

RMS Member
Drives
Big White 110ft.
Yea clever buggers. Trying to work out permutations but can't think how to beat it. First set inside lane, then outside lane for second set, then back to inside lane but have to slow right down before third set. Not much point really but might save a fine !!

barry-ni

RMS Member
Drives
M3
I take this route every day and remembering this thread at a red light, the camera phone came into play. This is at Dee Street/A2 Belfast btw.

Camera 1 - conventional Gatso type:
attachment.jpg

Now this camera sat for months with a tarp over it and now seems in use, but this thing, beside the lights looks like a camera to catch people coming out of the harbour estate jumping the lights. Its too big to be a simple traffic radar/sensor:

attachment.jpg

Am I right? Question is, where are the road markings for the speed detection/surely the gatso should be gauging oncoming traffic speed.

Andy

Apperently the cameras here and the specs on the newtownards to dundonald carrageway (going to the hospital) are non functioning as they didnt have Planning permission to put them up, just a wisper

spartikus

RMS Regular
Drives
mg zt-t 190+
in bangor there is three main spots
1 on the old belfast road at ballykilaire sports center hairdryer

2 on the gransha road just of the round about headin into bangor hairdryer

3 transit van mainly dark blue on the outer ring haedin for groomsport

avo5021

RMS Regular
Apperently the cameras here and the specs on the newtownards to dundonald carrageway (going to the hospital) are non functioning as they didnt have Planning permission to put them up, just a wisper

They are functioning cameras both at Dee st and Ards carraigeway, planning permission was granted before both sets of cameras were installed.

And1

RMS Regular
Drives
@88
Reg. radar checks Tues / Thurs nites - exit marine highway carrickfergus toward Belfast (stretch between pol. station)

Dominoka

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova/Vento
Just thought Id add another few locations the police like to sit

Lisburn - Kirkwoods Road: They hide behind an Army Look Out Post using a Hair Dryer thingy
Belfast - Lisburn Road: They sit in the back of a van at an old Bus Stop beside the Shell Garage

Also in Lisburn: Hillsborough Old Road - an infuriating 30mph road
Moira Road - at the little garage just opp knockmore estate
On the hill outside the Island Centre

Belfast: Stranmillis Road, on the corner going up the hill after the roundabout at the college.

I have seen them in all these places with hair dryers, and probably a few more if I have another think about it.

KillerJim

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 / TVR
Anyone know anything more about the lines they painted on the west link?

Don`t follow the usual speed camera markings but they are interesting, possibly just a sort of physiological stunt to slow down traffic (so the chav's can brick your car better..)

avo5021

RMS Regular
Search the posts i got an official answer from the roads service as to the reason for these lines and others around the province..

smyth

RMS Regular
Drives
172 cup
so once and for all, are the Ards to Dundonald specs working? Tired of hearing different things.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Covered a few times...

But have to have signs up warning cameras are in operation in this area, which there are not... Basic jist...

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Why worry if they are working or not?

Stick to the speed limits and then there are no problems!

Davey Mack

RMS Regular
Drives
honda type R
Yea, watch out for the landrover at the old entrance to the city airport. Saw it in operation just yesterday morning. Also fixed camera on Sydenham Bypass at the lights about half way down although i'm not sure if they're working or not. Speed limit 50 the whole way.
This cam aint working (y), through it at 60 nuffing happend, yea there suckers for sitting at the old bfast airport entrance.

bluntcap

RMS Regular
Drives
2018 Golf R
This cam aint working (y), through it at 60 nuffing happend, yea there suckers for sitting at the old bfast airport entrance.

The reason it didnt get you doing 60 is cause its not a speed camera, if its the one sitting at the lights your talking about it just before the small bridge it takes pictures of people that jump red lights. Ages ago I was at those light when they were red and I just creeped my car forward nothing drastic like and it clicked me. Now nothing came of it but its there for red light jumpers.

Davey Mack

RMS Regular
Drives
honda type R
The reason it didnt get you doing 60 is cause its not a speed camera, if its the one sitting at the lights your talking about it just before the small bridge it takes pictures of people that jump red lights. Ages ago I was at those light when they were red and I just creeped my car forward nothing drastic like and it clicked me. Now nothing came of it but its there for red light jumpers.
There is the big yellowcam just before the lights, is that speed i thought!? the wee gray one sits just at the lights is that for jumping?

Davey Mack

RMS Regular
Drives
honda type R
Been zapped in England in the truck couple of times in 40 zones have yet to hear anything back, caught by hairdryer on the A75 outa Stranrar, 40mph zone for trucks whole way to Carslile 100+ mile, caught 61mph stopped and charged with speeding and Taco offences £ 150 all in and 3 points, the scotish countie mounties hound trucks on this road for speeding, they d rather stop a truck than a car theb******s, CB's are a god send on this road,

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.