NI Speed Camera Locations

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
the one's at dee street dont seem to work, well the light jumper does, but the gatso, well have passed it many's an occasion both ways at a hell of a rate, 3 figures, and never got anything through the door yet

Brendan

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus 16v ZeTak
Just a quick word of warning....

Over this past while Ive noticed a lot of Police with speed guns around the following areas so beware....

Belfast-Ligoniel Road- Just at the Bottom were the Doctors is.

Belfast-North Cicular Road- tis a large strech of road with 2 traps- Outside the "leisure Centre" and further down out side the entrance to the "Cavehill Country Park" Near the top of the Cavehill road

Belfast-Antrim Road- At the Bottom of "The North Cicular Road" At the large flower pots

Belfast-Antrim Road- At the top Of "Grays Lane"

Belfast/Glengormley-Antrim Road- At the Entrance to "Belfast Zoo"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just be careful around these areas they are all "30 ZONES" and are quite large streches of road and it is quite easy to go over the limit....

Ive noticed them being there regularly for over a month now and I would have been caught the 1st time if it wasnt for a friendly flash.:grinning:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Bibby said:
the one's at dee street dont seem to work, well the light jumper does, but the gatso, well have passed it many's an occasion both ways at a hell of a rate, 3 figures, and never got anything through the door yet

Yep me too...

Flased once donkeys ago when i passed at like 55 on the clock but nout happenned

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Arent you proud of yourself and how fast you can go in a 50 zone.....

It works fine as a red light camera. Dont see how it would catch speeders, seeing as it isnt intended for that

RAVA4LIFE

Drives
ford lol i wish
Theres a spray that u can buy that ****s up the speed cameras and they cant tell what speed your doing cuz they automatically switch off!!!! just thought id let youse all no

RAVA4LIFE

Drives
ford lol i wish
it does work it is all somthing to do with the lense of the camera!!!! its a transparet spray !!! but you get a fine if your caught with it !!! so sikin u !! an yea it has been tried :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
i think this stuff is up there with putting CDs in the dashboard to confuse laser guns , people who vouch for it probably came across cameras with no films in them , then hailed it as a miracle product ,

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
i see your mature reply has been deleted ( available on request(y) ) when i say mature i use it broadly seeing as your fifteen and a half {unquote}-must get the half in ,

i take it you mean a product such as this - http://www.paramountzone.com/numberplatespraycan.htm

now read this

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/streets/lscp/cameras/equipment.shtml

and this

http://www.speed-trap.co.uk/Accused_Home/Gadgets/Gadgets_Home.htm

^^^^ that a good one , it mentions film and dummy cameras all in one sentence for you :p

so now i hope that you can understand that some people use this stuff , and hypothetically ( means suppositional- a condition that could occur ) and get flashed by a dummy or empty camera , nothing comes in the post and this is hailed as a miracle product , my 2 pence , things might be different over here as our 3 fixed camera positions i believe use a digital film or indeed linked into a network of such sorts , but this reflective plate material is usually talked of one the mainland - read into that what you want (cough) plebs :oops:

each to theyre own , now lesson over young chap , back to double science

RAVA4LIFE

Drives
ford lol i wish
Ryt For Starters U Ponce!!!!!

DONT CALL ME CHAP !!! u may get off being called that or you get off saying it but i dont!!! u SICK ????? !!! LOL ALL THAT STUFF YOU PUT ON ABOUT DUMMY CAMS THATS JUST A LOASD OF BALLZ PUT UP BY THE GOVERNMENT TO PUT PEOPLE OFF !!!!:cool: :cool: :p :p :p :laughing: :laughing: (y)

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
i think your keyboard is broken , so many CAP'd letters and missing vowels^o)

ricky_t

RMS Regular
Drives
M3Cx
maybe when he passes his driving test he can come back on here

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
so sikin u !!

OS27024.jpg

4Motions

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
Just thought Id add another few locations the police like to sit

Lisburn - Kirkwoods Road: They hide behind an Army Look Out Post using a Hair Dryer thingy
Belfast - Lisburn Road: They sit in the back of a van at an old Bus Stop beside the Shell Garage

Got caught by them today doing 38 in a 30 :worried:

How come on the Dual Carrige way near Forestside they have signs warning of possible Speed Camera's yet on the Lisburn Road there are no signs at all. Yet in both locations they sit in the back of one of those vans.

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
How come on the Dual Carrige way near Forestside they have signs warning of possible Speed Camera's yet on the Lisburn Road there are no signs at all. Yet in both locations they sit in the back of one of those vans.

I did't think they should be allowed to prosecute you then. Do the guidelines say that there has to be warning signs up within a certain distance?

I think a lot of celebs who let it go to court with a good solicitor may have gotten off on this clause.

jamesy

4Motions

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
Thats what I thought just wasnt sure. Will look into it more, might be a way to get myself out of 3 points. :p

rybo

RMS Regular
I did't think they should be allowed to prosecute you then. Do the guidelines say that there has to be warning signs up within a certain distance?

I think a lot of celebs who let it go to court with a good solicitor may have gotten off on this clause.

jamesy

Em, no. Safety Camera vans only operate in designated sections of specified roads. These have warning signs posted.

Traffic police can operate ANYWHERE on the publice road network with an array of speed detection equipment. No warning signs are required. Speed limit signs are there - what more warning do you need?

4Motions

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
LOL...looks like my nervous two weeks ahead continues. If I havent received my letter within the two weeks then is that me off the hook?

How do you tell the difference between a safety camera van and the traffic police. It was a nissan van stopped on the Lisburn road so surely that means warning signs should be posted, like the ones on the Knock Carrigeway.

You have to admit its all just a big tax intake for the government. Penalty Points yes but the £60, whats that all about. :relieved:

00flyboy00

Drives
Peugeot306
You have to admit its all just a big tax intake for the government. Penalty Points yes but the £60, whats that all about. :relieved:[/quote]

Not too sure bout that one. Many that I stop and offer to have the matter dealt with by FPN would offer hundreds of pounds if they can get away with no pionts.

You know it really :broken_heart: to ask that question..........

What do pionts make......?

Correct! Pedestrians!:confounded:

sirtecalot

RMS Regular
Drives
crx vtec
check it out 60mph dublin rd is that the one in belfast? lol sweet 3rd gear vtec into shaftsbury square

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Is there warning signs down near the kings hall? They frequently sit in the van there with the 'safety' camera pointing up the road towards creightons.

Kenny-STI

you can park your car behind the vans they use and they cant do anything unless its on double yellows..... this enables them to not be able to take readings through the camera

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.