Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Great day so far. :grinning:

Super bike practice just starting.

image.jpg

mn5587

RMS Regular
OP
mn5587
Drives
CLK 55 AMG
Cracking afternoon of practises, I went to a couple of locations then went for a spin round the course just before the roads closed. The atmosphere is fantastic! There is going to be some cracking races tonight!

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Not long back, great evenings racing, the supersport was epic, although a bit of concern at the end of the Supertwins, with two red flags.
Hope the lads are ok.
It was like the NW of old with the weather, my face is burnt to a crisp. lol

Cess

RMS Staff
All statements say that both riders do not have life threatening injuries. Dan Cooper is in Causeway Hospital with a broken shoulder. There is a picture of him on social media looking in good spirits. Ryan Farquhar is in the Royal Victoria Hospital with chest and pelvic injuries.

Freak accident. Farquhar went down and Cooper, who was right behind, collided with his sliding body.

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Heard an update at the end of BBC news that Ryan is now in a serious condition.
Hope he pulls through and makes a full recovery. Top man and thoroughly decent fella.
GWS lad !

genman

G
Not long back, great evenings racing, the supersport was epic, although a bit of concern at the end of the Supertwins, with two red flags.
Hope the lads are ok.
It was like the NW of old with the weather, my face is burnt to a crisp. lol
Was a great evening...i was at station bend ( man do they go past there quick ) beside the fire...think it was a barbecue that got out of control while people who lit it watched the racing.
+1 on hoping all those injured today make a full speedy recovery.
took forever getting home as the mate with me kept stopping every 10 miles for 10-15minutes each time to free up a dead /sleeping shoulder.
Back roads were empty to belfast...apart from the millions of flies.

warren

RMS Photographer
Took the R1 up to the races last night, absolutely stunning weather for riding and motorcycle racing observation! Only got 2 races in due to a house fire (not race related..... probably some muppet with a portable BBQ) and then quite a serious crash. What I did see however was very good.

There was a flyby with a Tornado at the start and the usual enthusiastic TV helicopter too. I swear every year they move the fences further and further back which makes taking photos difficult but I got a few!

DSC_0735.jpg

DSC_0737.jpg

DSC_0746.jpg

DSC_0742.jpg

DSC_0755.jpg

DSC_0761.jpg

DSC_0777.jpg

DSC_0782.jpg

DSC_0786.jpg

geraldo-46

RMS Regular
Drives
Gsxr1000
You must have standing next to us in Carrick dhu. That's the same view I had of black hill

Great day even if cut a bit short

Cess

RMS Staff
Positive news:

2016 North West 200: Doctors ‘optimistic’ over full recovery for Farquhar

Belfast doctors have said they are optimistic that Ryan Farquhar will make a full recovery from the chest and pelvic injuries he suffered in a crash at the North West 200 yesterday.

The 40-year-old went down at Black Hill in the Supertwin race and will taken to the Royal Victoria Hospital by air ambulance, where he underwent surgery.

A statement from the KMR team this afternoon said: “Ryan had a successful operation late last night and is now in a stable condition with doctors stating they are happy with the progress he has made thus far and are very optimistic he will make a full recovery.”

genman

G
thats great to hear...sounded a bit iffy last night when they said he was still in intensive care.

genman

G
9.30 road closure.
All depends on you as to what route to take.
Just be prepared for delays and roadworks if you stay on the main road after Ballymena

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.